Bkool - issues and ideas - what do you want to tell Bkool?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PA5DD

Bummer - BSIM update (V2.61) but no improvement for the KICKR. V2.54 wouldn't connect anymore, so on top now additional pairing problems for KICKR users.

JLaw

Veteran
Something in the last bkool update (2.61) is definitely wonky with the kickr. The resistance fluctuates with no known rhyme or reason. I might be in the middle of a long 4% climb and I can feel the resistance on the kickr changing. It doesn't happen often, but it's definitely an issue. First saw it on the mac, but I've also seen it with the android app.

Boomerado

A great idea for Bkool software developers.
Why not let members do a mini grand tour or stage race were your position is saved for your next session. You could customise the stages on distance / time / threshold level and then ride as a team of bots but against other VR teams. You could work for your bot on the sprint stages and then wait for the mountains to make your move. there would be an ITT as well as TTT.

Thoughts ?

JLaw

Veteran
When doing a ride with video, if additional laps are done, the video should loop back to the start. Right now the video just stops after the first lap.

There should be a way to prevent a ride from counting towards FTP values and fitness metrics. The context is we're running a handicap race where weights are normalized to bring the group to a consistent watts per kilo.

Obviously if we've changed the weight for the race, we don't want the race to change anyone's fitness levels. Right now we either have to keep the race short or ask everyone not to save/upload their effort.

Bonus points if handicap races like this could be baked into bkool itself. IE the organizer sets a watts per kilo value for the race and bkool automatically adjusts every rider's weight at the start of the race and just for the duration of the race.

borchgrevink

A couple of things in the new simulator I'd like to have improved:

1. The new simulator has removed the marks for how far you have come, 25%, 50% and 75%. I think these were really useful.

2. Show more than eight favourites etc. on the main/home screen.

3. Make it easier to find live races my friends are currently doing.

bobinski

Legendary Member
And also:
1. When riding with racing others as their names scroll down left side can we also see their watts per kilo/speed so we can tell if gaining or getting away!
2. How about option to click on a riders name, when also riding in that race, and sending them a message? Or even watching them? Why should spectating be restricted to non riders?
3. When training why not allow us to choose a route to do the erg based training ride on?
cheers
Bob

Daddy Pig

Veteran
What had happened to averages whilst riding? I use average power and speed as a good guide to how I'm riding.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Press the up key and it raises the lower display to show the usual averages. They don't tell you this anywhere of course!
Cheers! I was madly peddling and could only just reach the laptop. Pressed down but still couldn't find it! God knows why they changed it in the update!

cppatrik

Regular
Is @Bkool listening?

Hi!
I have asked my self the same question. I'm actually wondering if Bkool uses Gilbert as a manual of how thing should be.
A couple of examples:
# Maintenance happening when all Europeans can and will excersize. like 1800 cet!
# After maintenance, some routes end with a 50% ascent. And after jabbering their mailbox for any output you get. "Yes we now abot this bug"
# Latest update in October rendered me frustrated. I mean - this is a trainer app, not a show case. Before it was structured, and everything was easy to find. Now with these pictures everywhere there's an endless scrolling around
# When will i see ALL my favorites?
# When minimizing output, speed etc the widget is still far to big and in the way. Ok! You can completely hide it but ...

So - much work for no improvement for us paying customers.

A little frustrated /Patrik

gos

Is it just me or is the ranking data missing from the Bkool website ? When looking at ranking for any session (like for example: http://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/750937#) the ranking data is missing and also looking at (any of) my activities I cannot see any ranking data. This was working before but isn't working anymore and is quite annoying.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Is it just me or is the ranking data missing from the Bkool website ? When looking at ranking for any session (like for example: http://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/750937#) the ranking data is missing and also looking at (any of) my activities I cannot see any ranking data. This was working before but isn't working anymore and is quite annoying.
I have visibility of the ranking data from the link. Have you done this session? If yes what is your bkool nickname?

gos

I have visibility of the ranking data from the link. Have you done this session? If yes what is your bkool nickname?

Hi, Thanks for the quick response. I've done this trail 2 times - it's a nice one. What is interesting is that now I see the ranking. It was not working yesterday so I sent a bug report to info@bkool.com - I'm very keen on trying to help making Bkool better and more competitive so I do send them bug reports if I come across anything.

Thanks, Gos

Top Bottom