Bl**dy clicking, can`t believe I`m asking this!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I`m always the first to yell "check the obvious first" on this subject, but after all these years I`m finally beaten by my everyday chariot.

Click click click....farking click, every turn of the cranks:cursing:

Bottom bracket is a couple of weeks old, I greased the spindles before the cranks went on. I`ve greased the threads on the pedals after cleaning them first (pedals are also pretty new).

I also made sure the QR skewers on both wheels are tight, as I`ve had that as a cause of clicking before now. Moving up, the seat post has been out, cleaned, greased, and re-fitted - making sure it`s nice and tight, and I`ve stripped and cleaned the clamp/bolts on the actual saddle. It`s nothing to do with the headset because riding no-handed it`s still clicking.

Even had my cleats off and cleaned/re-fitted etc.

I`m at a total loss now, can the BB creak within it`s mounting? I`m thinking of taking it out and plastering everything in grease.........desperate measures time

I`d be very grateful at any more suggestions because I`ve run out of ideas. Thanks

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Almost too obvious, but....
Gear cable end not sticking out and being hit by crank?

Tim Hall

What type of BB?
I've cured an annoying click/squeak on a square taper BB in the past by putting a turn or two of PTFE tape on the BB threads.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
SPD's ? I find they don't like being too clean because then they can click

Top Bottom