Bl**dy clicking, can`t believe I`m asking this!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cronorider

Is this a carbon frame? I recently had a new BB installed on my MTB and had to have it in and out another two times before the creaking went away.

betty swollocks

large member
Have you cleaned inside of seat tube? Sometimes minute particles of grit get down there and it can be very noisy especially if you have an aluminium frame.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Check the cranks, that they haven't loosened since the BB was installed. I've had that happen to me, cranks were tight after installation, but loosened because they hadn't quite bedded into the BB axle.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
LH crank on previous bike had a pre-load 'bolt' (FSA Gossamer Pro) to be used before the crank bolts were tightened.

After the first maintenance session I tightened it to spec'.

First ride, click, click, click - drove me demented.

After much investigation I found that slightly over tightening the pre-load stopped the click.

ocianbricles

Try taking the chainwheel cover and bolts [or nuts] whatever, put a piece of wood over the spindle and whack it both sides [supported, of course], then re-assemble . . . it worked for me with cotterpins years ago!

Have you cleaned inside of seat tube? Sometimes minute particles of grit get down there and it can be very noisy especially if you have an aluminium frame.

Minute? Last time I cleaned my MTB seat post was like cleaning up the asteroid belt. Lots of filth can get in there if left unchecked.

Are you being followed everywhere by a crocodile that once swallowed an alarm clock?

SOLVED!

iateyoubutler has now been eaten which means no more cyclist. No more cyclist means no more bike being ridden, which means it doesnt creak anymore.
https://www.cyclechat.net/members/iateyoubutler.49604/

Top Bottom