Bl**dy Garmin Connect!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Hi all,

Anyone else having trouble with Garmin Connect this evening?

Plugged my 510 in to the laptop, Garmin Express opens as usual, go to open Connect, the blue background appears with the sidebar, the Garmin Connect header etc..........but my dashboard doesn't open.

Tried restarting the laptop, different USB ports etc (pretty much clutching at straws really) but still nothing.

I know Connect has had certain reliability issues, but anyone else experiencing problems this evening. Trying to narrow down whether it is my laptop or a problem with Connect or its servers etc?

Colin_P

Guru
As it is after midnight this could be confusing...

Yesterday, the 28th no problems.
The day before, the 27th, yes problems.

Tojo

Über Member
Restart.....restart....... bugger......leave it till tomorrow, as you can't be arsed, go to bed and forget it, then remember the next day and low and behold..... it works.....:wacko::surrender:

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Restart.....restart....... bugger......leave it till tomorrow, as you can't be arsed, go to bed and forget it, then remember the next day and low and behold..... it works.....:wacko::surrender:
Tojo.......are you hiding behind my settee or something? The exact scenario you described has come true! Opened up as usual this morning!

Znook

aka PureZOOG
I've noticed a few issues with GC over the last two days or so, mainly with the pages only half loading. No doubt they're doing some sort of work on the backend but it really is annoying at times.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
It took three or four times connecting my 800 before it would recognize and up load my recent rides , apart from that its just as poor as usual.

Mile195

Veteran
Probably unrelated, but the software upgrade on my edge 1000 to 9.20 failed. I won't bother doing anything with it since it's done that before.eventually they'll release another version and it'll skip the one that won't install.

I love my Garmin and it works most of the time, but whoever writes their software updates needs to learn the definition of Quality Control.

GGJ

Veteran
Can't open the connectgarmin webpage on my Mac computer running Safari browser so tried Firefox on the Mac and still nothing. Then tried it on an iPad and it worked, iPhone also worked and Windows 10 laptop worked. I sent them a message yesterday but no reply as yet so guess I'll just have to wait and see if they sort it out

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Can't open the connectgarmin webpage on my Mac computer running Safari browser so tried Firefox on the Mac and still nothing. Then tried it on an iPad and it worked, iPhone also worked and Windows 10 laptop worked. I sent them a message yesterday but no reply as yet so guess I'll just have to wait and see if they sort it out
Don't hold your breath with that one!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I gave up on Garmin connect. I now plan routes on map my ride with GPS and use Bike Route toaster to load routes into the GPS.

Ian193

Über Member
I gave up on Garmin connect. I now plan routes on map my ride with GPS and use Bike Route toaster to load routes into the GPS.

Do you have to plug your Garmin in to the laptop to transfer a route using bike route toaster

bondirob

Why bother with Garmin Connect?
It's not very good I used it a few times then bypassed it completely using some software on my phone

GGJ

Veteran
All working again for me again on the desktop computer. I called their helpline and spoke to a chap who reset my password and did a few things his end, but to no avail. He then told me there was a problem their end and it was being investigated. I posted on the Garmin forum and there were lots of people having issues so we were not alone.

Top Bottom