Bl**dy Garmin Connect!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Why bother with Garmin Connect?
It's not very good I used it a few times then bypassed it completely using some software on my phone
I actually quite like Connect......when it is working. Got all my routes, training plans, workouts etc on it. Find it easy to use. Guess it just works for me!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Do you have to plug your Garmin in to the laptop to transfer a route using bike route toaster
Yes.I store my routes on map my ride then load them onto bike route toaster then into the gps.Bit long winded but seems to work reliably.

al3xsh

Über Member
Yes.I store my routes on map my ride then load them onto bike route toaster then into the gps.Bit long winded but seems to work reliably.

Out of interest - why do you not export to gpx/tcx and then upload to the Garmin without bike route toaster?

I tend to plan rides with ride with GPS (as it provides a cue sheet for turn by turn navigation - which strava annoyingly doesn't ...) and export to tcx and upload directly to my Garmin.

A

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Out of interest - why do you not export to gpx/tcx and then upload to the Garmin without bike route toaster?

I tend to plan rides with ride with GPS (as it provides a cue sheet for turn by turn navigation - which strava annoyingly doesn't ...) and export to tcx and upload directly to my Garmin.

A
It would be simpler that way but for some reason I cant get map my ride to connect directly to my gps.Probably me doing something wrong or possibly because its a fairly old gps (Dakota).

It would be simpler that way but for some reason I cant get map my ride to connect directly to my gps.Probably me doing something wrong or possibly because its a fairly old gps (Dakota).
I think you need to upgrade to sync with older models; with the newer models you can just save or copy the file directly to the unit so there's no actual syncing to pay for :wacko:

bondirob

I actually quite like Connect......when it is working. Got all my routes, training plans, workouts etc on it. Find it easy to use. Guess it just works for me!

I like to see everything on Strava and GC seemed to take a while to transfer my rides.
Also I use a 310xt which I needed to get the laptop out to upload because GC won't upload via my phone which I find bizarre. So I now use ANT2net Pro which is much quicker.

Top Bottom