Bl**dy pavement riding RLJ's...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If people haven't got the confidence to ride on the road that their problem, perhaps they need encouragements; its wreckless idiots that do have the confidence but still ride dangerously through peds that irk me.

purplepolly

HLaB said:
If people haven't got the confidence to ride on the road that their problem, perhaps they need encouragements; its wreckless idiots that do have the confidence but still ride dangerously through peds that irk me.

I have to admit I don't really see anything wrong with cyclists pottering along the otherwise empty wide pavement alongside a busy road

Garz

Squat Member
User3143 said:
:wacko:How can it be a grey area? It's in the HC in black & white - you MUST NOT ride on the pavement.

Correct though Garz I don't ride on the path I rdie on the road, however if I was to then I wouldn't teleport through the barrier....I would bunny hop it instead.

For grey area read section below lee.

Again as you still have not grasped your obsession to paths, I have explained a situation where you are being forced to get onto a path you stubborn fool. By doing this its blowing a hole in your HC 'must not cycle on the path'.

;) :rolleyes:

addictfreak said:
Not all that is in the HC is law!

Exactly AF, I was trying to expand but like explaining to lee is a non starter as he doesnt want to rethink his rigid views. I wasn't implying this particular pavement issue was 'grey area' moreso the whole cycling and paths/roads is a grey area as no council conform to the same format, each road is different.

Trevrev

Veteran
Anyway...On a serious note.......Male cyclists wearing lycra shorts.....If anything gives cyclists a bad name and a real cause for abuse......Thats it !!!! You're not helping yourselves guys !!!!

Well I have to concede that the not cycling on paths is law. Its just that so many people think the HC is law when it is actually a mixture of law and good practice.

However it is accepted that the police will use commonsense in applying the law depending on who (usually children) is riding on the path.

Does get me vexed when some big tw*t on a BSO tries to squeeze past me when I am walking down the pavement.
Many years ago, while out jogging I accidentally 'elbowed' one in the shoulder, sending him into some hedges. Wouldn't recommend this as my shoulder has not been the same since.

purplepolly

addictfreak said:
However it is accepted that the police will use commonsense in applying the law depending on who (usually children) is riding on the path.

children are too young too be prosecuted for such an offence.

Top Bottom