Bl**dy typical!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

solidthegreat

So have been working hard all over winter getting ready to ride the paris Roubaix 144km sportive next weekend. Travel booked, charity in place, all set and ready, and today I start with a chesty cough and runny nose and generally run down.
To say I'm p***** off is an understatement. I'm still doing it no matter. But this really complicates things in terms of breathing whilst riding and coughing up loads of horrible stuff.
Can any one offer any remedies or advice to help get rid of it ASAP, I don't want to be dead on my feet for next weekend.
Thanks everyone.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Vitamins, zinc, plenty of fruit and REST.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I'd go see your GP as if you have a productive cough you may need antibiotics.
If not, then I find a honey and lemon drink (home made, not store bought) soothing, and Vick on the feet at night...yes it does work!
Lots of fluids and rest.
Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Whisky, honey, fresh lemon juice mixed with boiling water to drink and the hottest curry you can manage (at least a vindaloo) should sort you out.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And lots of sunshine! (I know that could be tricky to arrange...)

I came down with a nasty cold on a training camp in Spain. Sunbathing and eating lots of fruit for 2.5 days was enough to start getting over it. I then took it easy on rides for another couple of days and I was fine after that. It would normally have taken me much longer than that to recover.

Good luck!

stuee147

2 spoon full of honey and a slice of lemon in hot water breath the vapour in then drink it and if its really bad a couple of lemsip max
i also put on the warmest clothing i have including thermals and sock at least 2 or 3 pairs then jump into bed with a couple of extra covers and duvets and sweat it out. i must admit iv hallucinated a few times i had an argument once with someone who wasn't even there lol i swear it works but it could just be me lol

format

Über Member
Zinc, lots of water, lots of sleep.

Top Bottom