Bl**dy typical!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I tried that with a bad cold once. 30 minutes after setting off, I came round on the wrong side of a dry stone wall, having blacked out on a climb ...

I also tried it after a pulmonary embolism and ended up flat on my back with the sky spinning round above me. The only reason that I didn't summon an ambulance is that I couldn't get a phone signal out on the moor.

I don't do MTFU any more ... :thumbsup:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I tried that with a bad cold once. 30 minutes after setting off, I came round on the wrong side of a dry stone wall, having blacked out on a climb ...

I also tried it after a pulmonary embolism and ended up flat on my back with the sky spinning round above me. The only reason that I didn't summon an ambulance is that I couldn't get a phone signal out on the moor.

I don't do MTFU any more ... :thumbsup:

Ya big girls blouse! ;)

OP
OP
solidthegreat

solidthegreat

Just got back from GP. He said it was an infection and gave me some amoxicillin to take.
Riding regardless this weekend but need to be careful I guess.
Will still be doing everything people have said, but has anyone else ridden with infection.
Can't believe my luck, so ******* ******* off its untrue.
Thanks everyone.

OP
OP
solidthegreat

solidthegreat

Cough update day 3!! So things just keep getting worse. It would appear that I am allergic to amoxicillin and have come out in a horrible itchy rash all over my hands overnight.
Seriously, if my bike and I get to Roubaix in one piece on Saturday it will be a miracle.
I'm off to drown my tonsils in whiskey.

OP
OP
solidthegreat

solidthegreat

I know you couldn't script it. I very much doubt, in fact 100% know they wont reschedule it as it the official sportive the day before the big boys play. I'm still doing it even if it will kill me, it's too much of a classic not too.
Thanks though. Will keep you all updated with coughgate.

ColinJ

I can imagine how you feel, but if I were ill enough to need to see a doctor then I would not touch my bike for at least a week after that, and even when I started riding again, I would not put in any big efforts for at least a week after I felt like I had recovered.

Being rendered unconscious by not following that advice, has convinced me that the advice should be taken seriously! :thumbsup:

ColinJ

@solidthegreat - what was the outcome of coughgate? Did you ride, and if so, how did you get on?

Top Bottom