Black Friday Garmon and Wahoo GPS devices.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I really want a bike GPS computer and I'm wondering if there is any chance they will be on sale tomorrow, and if yes from what website? I am also unsure which Garmon or wahoo I should go for if any of it is on sale :shy:
title meant to say Garmin not Garmon, autocorrect - face-palm)

Adam4868

Guru
There's a Garmin for sale in the for sale section on here.

I have a Gammon , I would opt for a Woohoo ^_^
Seriously, I cannot comment on the Wahoo but not a huge fan of my Garmin. Software can be a pain to sync, and its not always reliable at route finding. Yesterday it said no routes available for Mountain biking in the Lake District. Its been there many times the petulant little bugger

vickster

Legendary Member
I really want a bike GPS computer and I'm wondering if there is any chance they will be on sale tomorrow, and if yes from what website? I am also unsure which Garmon or wahoo I should go for if any of it is on sale :shy:
Possibly, you’ll just need to keep an eye on the websites.

sigma have the 530 on a BF deal for example and another tenner off if sign up
Www.sigmasports.com/item/Garmin/Edge-530-GPS-Enabled-Cycling-Computer/M6ZA

Which one to buy depends on what you’ll use it for and how much you have to spend.
Personally I didn’t get on with the Wahoo for navigation (and it was very poor syncing to Strava) and sold it. Replaced with another Garmin (still not really used after a long break off the bike soon after purchase :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Which one to buy depends on what you’ll use it for and how much you have to spend.
Personally I didn’t get on with the Wahoo for navigation (and it was very poor syncing to Strava) and sold it. Replaced with another Garmin (still not really used after a long break off the bike soon after purchase :rolleyes:)
So there you have it, both mine and vicksters opinion have nailed the choice for you :blush:

vickster

Legendary Member
Vickster didn't like the wahoo and you haven't tried it. You don't like Garmin but they do... Conflicting opinions.
Yep. If you want info about the different models, look on the DC Rainmaker site :okay:
Horses for courses really

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

sigma have the 530 on a BF deal for example and another tenner off if sign up
Www.sigmasports.com/item/Garmin/Edge-530-GPS-Enabled-Cycling-Computer/M6ZA

Did you have the wahoo bolt or the roam? Which Garmin do you have? I'll be using it for navigating long distance rides. Think I would spend 150-200 max,with the whole buy once buy right motto and it would be a gift for myself from me. And because I reigned in my bike spending recently, haven't purchased anything bike related for myself for over a month, which is a record.

vickster

Legendary Member
Did you have the wahoo bolt or the roam? Which Garmin do you have? I'll be using it for navigating long distance rides. Think I would spend 150-200 max,with the whole buy once buy right motto and it would be a gift for myself from me. And because I reigned in my bike spending recently, haven't purchased anything bike related for myself for over a month, which is a record.
830 Garmin. I had an early Wahoo Elemnt, so the more expensive one, Roam didn’t exist then
I’ve never ridden long distance alone, my much more techie ride buddy did the navigation :laugh:

Vickster didn't like the wahoo and you haven't tried it. You don't like Garmin but they do... Conflicting opinions.
Thats my point. Electronics are more a personal choice. As Vickster has had and used both then her opinion is better rounded than mine but it could also be the way Vickster chooses to use the GPS and what type of riding. The Garmin suited more.
I like the Garmin screen, options, app etc but it fails to connect often and can be hit and miss with auto route planning. When it does plan it plans well. My Suunto watch uses heat maps and thats brilliant for mapping anything.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Thats my point. Electronics are more a personal choice. As Vickster has had and used both then her opinion is better rounded than mine but it could also be the way Vickster chooses to use the GPS and what type of riding. The Garmin suited more.
I like the Garmin screen, options, app etc but it fails to connect often and can be hit and miss with auto route planning. When it does plan it plans well. My Suunto watch uses heat maps and thats brilliant for mapping anything.
Which Garmin do you have?

Top Bottom