Black Friday Garmon and Wahoo GPS devices.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've a basic Garmin 200, which does me just fine for routes although it's just a line to follow and very occasionally it can be slightly out where there's complex junctions.

Son has a Garmin 520 with HRM and cadence which gives more detail for his training and racing.

It depends what you're planning to do with them. For me it needs a long battery life, hence the Garmin 200.

I have 4 Garmins in my draw and would not have another one if you gave me one.

I have used the Wahoo Bolt for 3 years but would opt for the Wahoo Roam as it is the newer model.
If you plan on longer rides and using a GPS for that purpose then this mans recommendation and advice is on the money @oreo_muncher

I've a basic Garmin 200, which does me just fine for routes although it's just a line to follow and very occasionally it can be slightly out where there's complex junctions.

Son has a Garmin 520 with HRM and cadence which gives more detail for his training and racing.

It depends what you're planning to do with them. For me it needs a long battery life, hence the Garmin 200.
But then another long distance cyclist @DCLane goes the other way and both opinions I would value highly so back to square one oreo muncher :wacko:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My family is fully invested in the Garmin ecosystem, with multiple Edge devices, watches, sensors, pedals and turbo trainers. I have never had a serious problem with any of the kit.

Edit: I have just looked at my Garmin account. 28 different orders over the years on cycling goods only. Probably another 10 or so on automotive products. Admittedly not all of them are for my direct family.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m not saying the Wahoo was bad, my brain just didn’t compute with the black and white mapping and way of displaying on the screen, I just bizarrely couldn’t get used to it and would always go the wrong way and all the flashing lights just confused me more :wacko:. This probably says more about my brain than the device! I like the colour of the garmin and that it works more like a car sat nav (to my brain anyhow)!
The Wahoo was also annoying in terms of uploading to my phone and their helpline couldn’t fix the issue

My family is fully invested in the Garmin ecosystem, with multiple Edge devices, watches, sensors, pedals and turbo trainers. I have never had a serious problem with any of the kit.

Edit: I have just looked at my Garmin account. 28 different orders over the years on cycling goods only. Probably another 10 or so on automotive products. Admittedly not all of them are for my direct family.
Can you give mine a talking to and get the bugger to work properly :laugh:

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Long distance cycling GPS.

vickster

Legendary Member
Long distance cycling GPS.
Wahoo Roam or Garmin Explore or whatever it’s called. Don’t pay extra for all the training sensors and gubbins

@oreo_muncher its my Garmin that is for sale. There is a little wiggle room on price, what sort of price were you looking for? @Fintious does have dibs on it but has bought a Garmin Edge 705 so might be available soon if all works out.

OldShep

Über Member
For years I had a love hate relationship with my Garmins. After some very trying times we divorced and life has been so much better.
I met Lezyne a few years ago and once accustomed to her ways we are in love even upgraded to the Mega last year who’s staying power is beyond belief and her reliability beyond question.
Hope that throws a spanner into the, so far, two horse race.

Top Bottom