Black Friday Garmon and Wahoo GPS devices.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Edge Explore was £130 in a sale recently (about a month ago) - Santa has one for me.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The Energizer power banks (available at Argos) are excellent, especially the "middle"10k mwh model (it's the sweet spot between sizes). It can charge two devices simultaneously and has enough juice to fully power up 3 smartphones or similar from empty. I've got two, as well as the smaller version which is cheaper but not really that much smaller, and of course not as powerful.
There's usually one sat tucked away in my handlebar bag, it's like having two mains sockets on the bike.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5791280

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1606414016752.png

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2010/08/garmin-edge-800-in-depth-first-look.html

OldShep

Über Member
They’ve gone up a lot in a year. I paid around £150 18 months ago.
Does everything the others do but is reliant on you having a smartphone. you can make routes with the app, their web site or import from elsewhere. Store routes on their cloud and send to device when needed or store on your phone if you are going to be on tour without data.
my main use is for TbT directions and recording rides. Also allowing Mrs Shep to follow see where I am at.

The Edge Explore was £130 in a sale recently (about a month ago) - Santa has one for me.

I just switched to the edge explore - for £130 - if you don't use a power meter - I can't see why you would need more than what this offers. But GPS can be a very emotive topic !

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Why do you have so many Garmins? Why do you prefer wahoo over Garmin?
Ive never got rid of them. Its like a lot of cycling things, you accumulate them.

As a personal choice, I prefer Wahoo. I have used my Wahoo Bolt almost daily for 3 years and it just does not go wrong. Unless I am impatient and then its my fault and not the Wahoo. Everything is so simple with it and it just works. The good thing with Wahoo coming along is that Garmin has had to up its game. I dont know anyone who has switched from Garmin to Wahoo and then gone back to Garmin.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ive never got rid of them. Its like a lot of cycling things, you accumulate them.

As a personal choice, I prefer Wahoo. I have used my Wahoo Bolt almost daily for 3 years and it just does not go wrong. Unless I am impatient and then its my fault and not the Wahoo. Everything is so simple with it and it just works. The good thing with Wahoo coming along is that Garmin has had to up its game. I dont know anyone who has switched from Garmin to Wahoo and then gone back to Garmin.
:thanks:

Top Bottom