Black Friday Garmon and Wahoo GPS devices.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The Garmin for sale is about the going rate on eBay although a bit of wiggle room is nice ,a more up to date unit your looking at £200 ish.i have used my 800 for century rides with no issues.the maps that came preloaded on mine were basic but if you follow the dcrainmaker tutorial of how to download maps it's brilliant.i prefer the 800 to the 520 plus I had.
Another option is a edge touring plus that comes with better maps and better rerouting if you go off course but doesn't support sensors

rivers

How far can I go?
I've used a Garmin (edge 200), Lezyne (micro GPS) and wahoo (bolt). By far, my favourite has been the bolt. It's easy to use, never have any sync issues, and an excellent battery life. No issues with the mapping, or syncing routes for me.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Thank you for that, I looked and it only has 12 hours of battery life. Which wouldn't be enough if I was doing bike touring- could probably only do 200km rides on it- but then I don't know how accurate that 12 hour figure might be- it's like those laptop battery- says 12 hours but it's only about 8 hours because they test it on the lowest battery usage settings. The edge 1030 looks amzing- good battery life but 300 is quite a bit but my Mum said she'll gift me 100 quid- 50 for birthday and 50 for xmas so I could buy myself a GPS ( I'm a December baby) . Any thoughts about battery life?

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

I've used a Garmin (edge 200), Lezyne (micro GPS) and wahoo (bolt). By far, my favourite has been the bolt. It's easy to use, never have any sync issues, and an excellent battery life. No issues with the mapping, or syncing routes for me.
how long is the battery life? What's the display like?

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

I was just looking at the wahoo roam vs bolt, out of interest. And the bolt does not have a reroute option if you get lost or to retrace to go back home or if you want to change the destination. But the roam does- but steep price.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Any power banks you recommend to use during ride?
I’ve only ever used a small lipstick size power bank when cycling, being small was important and it cost around a fiver from eBay and had enough power to top up 50%. As far as better quality branded ones, Anker have a good rep, I have one but haven’t used it yet.

Top Bottom