Blackburn TRX-1 Ultimate Touring Pannier Rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jjb

Über Member
You are probably right about the wind resistance Lone Rider, and it's an interesting thought.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
so if a welding was to break I could always send it back
....erm...not in th emiddle of Wyoming 150 miles from the next human being

Crankarm

Guru
When I reffered to reduced wind resistance I was thinking about having the panniers on the rack. Depending on the rack being used the load could be anything up to 20 cms narrower. The narrower the load, the less wind resistance!
Blackburn offer a lifetime warranty, so if a welding was to break I could always send it back.

You can try. When my first one broke, they weren't interested. Crap rack, crap warranty.

Admittedly I have an axe to grind as both racks cost me about £70-75 in total and a further £15 and my time to get the first one welded up which now looks pretty unsightly. Anyway they now languish in the depths of the garage.

Crankarm

Guru
I think you will find that both Blackburn and Madison racks are made by the same subcontracted supplier, in deepest SEA.

So. Source please?

Deep SEA - that is the best place for the Blackburn, right at the bottom.

But if you inspect the racks the Madison Summit is much better quality, like welded properly and better design as well. Don't say I didn't try to warn people.

jjb

Über Member
Why is there such a lot of negative attitude on this thread?
Now, I was thinking something similar, and thinking it's not just this thread. I wouldn't want to poke at it and analyse it too much but life's too short for reading endless angry / furious / name-calling stuff, I think. Turns out, I just discovered tonight, I can completely "disappear" any poster (and all their posts) from my view; the option is up in the drop down menu in the top right. Cheerio, unneeded stress. The threads may make less sense sometimes from now on and I'll miss the occasional bit of helpful advice but the upsides are immense!

OP
OP
Lone Rider

Lone Rider

Now, I was thinking something similar, and thinking it's not just this thread. I wouldn't want to poke at it and analyse it too much but life's too short for reading endless angry / furious / name-calling stuff, I think. Turns out, I just discovered tonight, I can completely "disappear" any poster (and all their posts) from my view; the option is up in the drop down menu in the top right. Cheerio, unneeded stress. The threads may make less sense sometimes from now on and I'll miss the occasional bit of helpful advice but the upsides are immense!

Thank you. I may just do this. There are a few people who seem to pop up everywhere, and, generally speaking, their contributions are rather limited and even aggressive. Helpful, constructive comments are always welcome, snide remarks don't help anyone. Thank you again for the tip.

Top Bottom