Blasted lurgy, any tips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I`m in the middle of the worst bout of man flu that I`ve had for many years - I`ve not touched a bike for over a week...............

The main symptoms I can deal with - all apart from one, bloody blocked ears. I absolutely HATE anything like that with my ears, and a few times over the last week I`ve felt myself beginning to panic because of it - that`s how much I hate it. Not sure I like the look of some of the remedies online, but having been knocked for six since Sunday I`m losing the will to live.

Any tips guys? I know I should just MTFU all live with it until it goes, but I`ve had enough

OP
OP
I
No but been using a similar one - no joy

It's obviously Ebola. Get your will up to date, and get your relatives around quickly.
So you want them all dead, too? Think man, think!

[QUOTE 4807027, member: 21629"]If you have your ears blocked and this lasts few days without getting better you MUST see a doctor asap. GP or A&E - your choice. I'm talking seriously. You can play up with your nose or throat but when things affect your ears all games are over.[/QUOTE]
Good point. Well, at least call 111 and take their advice.

That is if you can hear phone calls.

Do you have a temperature, or muscle pains? 'Flu like symptoms is the description of just about any communicable disease that can kill you.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
So you want them all dead, too? Think man, think!
OK, just visit the mother in law, then.</Manning >

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I`m in the middle of the worst bout of man flu that I`ve had for many years - I`ve not touched a bike for over a week...............

The main symptoms I can deal with - all apart from one, bloody blocked ears. I absolutely HATE anything like that with my ears, and a few times over the last week I`ve felt myself beginning to panic because of it - that`s how much I hate it. Not sure I like the look of some of the remedies online, but having been knocked for six since Sunday I`m losing the will to live.

Any tips guys? I know I should just MTFU all live with it until it goes, but I`ve had enough
You answered your own question. MTFU:okay: It's blokes like you who give us real men a bad name.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Seems to be going around just now so those who do not have it should not get complacent. I just had to cut short my cycling holiday and head home because of it. A pharmacist told me not to try lemsip as the ingredients other than paracetamol could interfere with my blood pressure medication. To complicate it further I am on methotrexate which interferes with the auto immune system and lowers my resistant to infection. Currently on paracetamol and strepsils. Cannot rest enough as I have to travel to get home. Aaaaargh.

OP
OP
I
Seems to be going around just now so those who do not have it should not get complacent. I just had to cut short my cycling holiday and head home because of it. A pharmacist told me not to try lemsip as the ingredients other than paracetamol could interfere with my blood pressure medication. To complicate it further I am on methotrexate which interferes with the auto immune system and lowers my resistant to infection. Currently on paracetamol and strepsils. Cannot rest enough as I have to travel to get home. Aaaaargh.
If it`s what I have you have my sympathies...........

8 days now with absolutely no sign of letting up, I`m getting really p*ssed off with it now

gavgav

Guru

I have every sympathy with you, as I was struck down with the same over a week ago now. Just the most horrendous lurgy I've had since having Flu at school.

Never known so much snot and blocked sinuses. I'm now coughing and don't feel anywhere near riding a bike again. Been 2 weeks now and can't see me getting out anytime soon :sad:

Top Bottom