Blinkered parking!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car Boot Sale issues again today

One guy was issued a warning. Policeman taking details of cars parked on verge (only access is via and emergency entrance and 20 feet of pavement) when the muppet tooted the Police Officer to move off the pavement so he could drive along it!

Reactions: mjr
T'other was my pet hate last night

Parked on the road and nipped into pub for supper

Despite big sign asking for 6 feet to allow wheelchair access - muppet parks against bumper

Simple answer, we had to park the wheelchair in the middle of the road, move car from parking bay and also block road, then load wheelchair

Must have delayed about 20 vehicles by the time we were finished, all because of one muppet who can't read

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
We've got a new neighbour, a few houses up on the opposite side of the street at one of the handful of houses around here that has a drive.

So obviously he's parked his car on the street where there is clearly barely enough space to go round, while his drive remains empty. :wacko:

Hopefully it's a one off :rolleyes:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Found this online last night. Shared use cyclepath/pavement. Elephant in the room at the 6 minute mark. This sort of thing annoys me. I'll bet he moans about cyclists on pavements:

Milzy

Guru
You can get a new Astra for £136 a month with a quick google.
If you get the full on lease deal where you get all repairs tyres servicing included etc and it's a high end Astra he's right. More ppl are either leasing or just going for PCP to be flash without the cash. HPI will dwindle out a little these days.

Last edited:
Yep, Knobbers

captain nemo1701

What gets me about this guy is that he drove along a cycle/pedestrian space, confined by the fences on either side. What an a*se. You sometimes see WVM parking on the cyclepath a bit further along too.

captain nemo1701

Result last night. Cycling home along Cattle Market Road here in sunny Bristol, usual car plonked on pavement, so I called the fuzz and reported it. Moments after I got off the phone, cop car drives by, so I knock on the window at the junction and ask them to have a word with Mr Lazy. They U-Turn and do just that!.

Result^_^.

Some of my work colleagues think I'm too pedantic about issues like this but my bottom line is that if I am not supposed to ride on pavements, motorists are certainly not permitted to drive & park on 'em:angry:.

captain nemo1701

Not just blinkered, but desperate:
IMG_1522.JPG

Further along to the left a burger bar has plonked itself on the pavement and there are three cars parked like these.My concern with them is that to when they reverse out, it's into a cycle lane.

Randy Butternubs

Über Member
Here's my manifesto:

1. Make illegal parking a points offence.

2. Lower the threshold for losing your licence to 3 points.

Job done.

I got a parking ticket once. I pulled in on a small road joining all the other parked cars and made sure I was clear of the driveway in front of me that led to a little car park. It was dark and I missed the yellow lines. The entrance to the carpark was treated like a junction and they wanted people to stay well clear of it. Fair enough. I made a mistake.

Do you think losing my license would be an appropriate punishment? Even if it was just 3 points out of 12 the increased insurance would have kept me from driving for 5 (?) years as I was quite young at the time.

Illegal parking is selfish and inconveniences other people. It isn't dangerous though and shouldn't be treated like speeding or running red lights.

Drago

Legendary Member
Illegal parking can be dangerous, particularly when Trumpton or Ambo want to get up the road but cant. It also can force pedestrians into the road, can obstruct a drivers view of pedestrians and other road users. Problem is, give people an inch and they inevitably start taking a mile. It should be ruthlessly enforced, and should be regarded every bit as seriously as speeding etc - if you can't control something as basic and fundamental as depositing a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner, then you really shouldn't be entrusted to do anything else with it.

Top Bottom