Blocking an ambulance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Prick prat pillock,one day he might have a stroke or a heart attack and the first hour is vital to survival,i bet he hopes there will not be a copy cat blocking the ambulance coming for him.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Now you're being silly as it wold kill passers by. You need something more realistic like a heavy lift helicopter with a big electromagnet to drop him into the sea like in You Only Live Twice

Sold. Sounds like that ticks all the boxes tbh as a cost-effective and proportiontate means of policing Britain's roads :okay:

Difficult to imagine why he would do that
Only possibility I can think of is that people would pull over and let him go through first

but then he would be better of following the ambulance

Clearly not the brightest spark in the bonfire - and highly entitled and self centred

D

Deleted member 26715

Suspended sentence? Plus 3 year ban.
Would prefer an actual sentence.
We all know he will probably break his ban.
What purpose would an actual sentence do, the prisons are full of people whose time with some imagination could be put to better use.
We also don't know the will break the ban, we can only hope that the risk of spending 3 years in prison will stop him.

The sentence is interesting, haven't people who have knocked people of their bikes deliberately got a lighter sentence?

Last edited by a moderator:
1668103456642.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-driver-avoided-jail-blocking-ambulance.html

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The sentence is interesting, haven't people who have knocked people of their bikes deliberately got a lighter sentence?
Sentencing in the UK seems to be almost random.

I read about a thug who smashed someone on the head with a hammer getting a short sentence, which was suspended. A day or two later, I read about someone else who had stolen a few hundred pounds worth of goods getting a longer sentence, which was NOT suspended. :wacko:

I don't think that sentences for violence should EVER be suspended.

As for serious motoring offences... I think offenders should get lifetime driving bans. And yes, if they then break those bans - prison sentences which would NOT be suspended, and would increase for repeated offences.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
One of my friend’s daughters was born in a passing place on a single track road as a tourist would not pull over to let the ambulance past. The crew had no option but to stop and attend to the patient before getting under way again.

tom73

Guru
What purpose would an actual sentence do, the prisons are full of people whose time with some imagination could be put to better use.
We also don't know the will break the ban, we can only hope that the risk of spending 3 years in prison will stop him.

Totally When applied restorative justice is a way better and reforming sentence than short prison spells which do little to address offending and the money it cost's can be better spent on other services.

Suspended sentence? Plus 3 year ban.
Would prefer an actual sentence.
We all know he will probably break his ban.

My ex prison clients say they prefer jail to a suspended sentence, because prison sentences tend to be shorter, and on a suspended sentence the local police are generally watching them pretty closely for the slightest infringement that gives an excuse to arrest them.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Even the Daily Mail has its uses. Looking at Alberts picture I can see Neanderthals are not extinct.
sorry that’s unfair to Neanderthals .

Top Bottom