Blocking an ambulance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Does the presence of a rehabilitation order not suggest that the court considers there might be some underlying issues that need addressing? If that can be done successfully while he remains off the road, that's got to be better than a custodial sentence, right?

Unless 'rehabilitation order' is just a euphemism.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Does the presence of a rehabilitation order not suggest that the court considers there might be some underlying issues that need addressing? If that can be done successfully while he remains off the road, that's got to be better than a custodial sentence, right?

Unless 'rehabilitation order' is just a euphemism.

Whilst he may or may not be "mentally ill" per se, he's clearly not right in the head, but I've no idea how we should deal with such people, treatment, punishment, lock 'em up for the public good or what ?

Jody

Stubborn git

It's much better to get the pitchforks out!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
There's simply no way to rehabilitate pig-headedness and stupidity in the terminally thick. It'll always be there.
The only thing the committed idiot really understands is that their unpleasant actions can result in an unpleasant outcome for them. I'm not advocating prison, but maybe being doorstepped and then locking himself out of his flat while being seen publicly wearing a Manchester United PJ set might just get him to reflect on his life choices.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's much better to get the pitchforks out!

Sorry, I'm being a bit too sensible. Far be it from me to take away from the undoubted sense of catharsis which comes from calling for a public flogging on the internet.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Whilst he may or may not be "mentally ill" per se, he's clearly not right in the head, but I've no idea how we should deal with such people, treatment, punishment, lock 'em up for the public good or what ?

Obviously we're not qualified to make any sort of diagnosis but to me his behaviour seems so utterly weird that I feel there must be something else going on.

We don't punish illness. We do our best to treat it.

There's simply no way to rehabilitate pig-headedness and stupidity in the terminally thick. It'll always be there.
The only thing the committed idiot really understands is that their unpleasant actions can result in an unpleasant outcome for them. I'm not advocating prison, but maybe being doorstepped and then locking himself out of his flat while being seen publicly wearing a Manchester United PJ set might just get him to reflect on his life choices.

Are you a clinical psychologist? If he is ill, and I stress 'if' because I don't know, then it's entirely possible that he lacks the ability to make proper life choices, much less to reflect on them. And if that's the case then he requires support and not public humiliation.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think he's been quite effectively dealt with in this case.

Top Bottom