Blood Pressure Moniters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

[QUOTE 4954294, member: 9609"]I have just been told to buy one[/QUOTE]

Did a doctor suggest it?

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4954313, member: 9609"]i think so[/QUOTE]
Ask them for a recommendation? Or the pharmacist in Boots (or other local chain/indy pharmacist) :smile:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 4954294, member: 9609"]Can anyone recommend a descent Blood Pressure Monitor ?

They seem to be for sale from £9.99 upwards. I have just been told to buy one but I really no nothing whatsoever about them, I take they will give a reading like 130/90 or do they do other stuff as well

Could anyone give me some pointers in what I should be buying.[/QUOTE]
Do you want one like your GP uses? If so, the Omron M7 is pretty good. I've used one for five years. It stores all your readings in memory with a time tag. I think it cost about £50. It's a doddle to use and tells you your heart rate too.

Edit: I take three readings a few minutes apart. The first one is invariably a lot higher than the last.

Edit edit. Actually, I don't think it gives a time tag for the readings in memory.

Last edited:

subaqua

What’s the point
Omron .
M2 is new model closest to our old one.

Had ours 10.5 years now. Bought when Mrs sub was Preggers with youngest as she was at risk of pregnancy high blood pressure .

I use it once a week still. Clear display and easy to use .

clid61

Veteran
I got high blood pressure , inherited ,went doolally and bought machine checked a lot . Take the drugs and do t bother now every few months check it

S-Express

Maybe it's not for him and he wasn't actually there?

Yeah, maybe....

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

Attachments

• P1030273.JPG
    P1030273.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

DRM

Guru
For what it's worth, my Doc uses a digital blood pressure monitor, on one of my visits to see him after the heart attack, he decided to up my ramipril (lowers blood pressure) I went to the cardiac rehab session the day after & the nurse commented that my blood pressure was in my boots, she took the reading using the arm band/stethoscope method, I did say that i had been to the docs & had my bp taken with the digital machine, she said that they were notoriously inaccurate & they always over read, apparently the old way is the best, she also got the ramipril dose reduced too as it made me feel dizzy if I got up too quickly, just something to bear in mind when ordering one

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ive had this ages..i think its great..even the surgery has same. Or very similar..

I just took mine after exercise a shower and some cake..i know..
126/65 with a pulse of 93..more cake and a cuppa it is then..

IMG_20170912_212818.jpg
IMG_20170912_212818.jpg

Last edited:

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I have the Omron basic, although I prefer to have mine read in the traditional way by the doctor. I did take my machine in to compare the results and they seemed pretty close. I take mine about two or three times a week, usually in the morning, no meds for me, currently.

green1

Über Member
I'm a fat bas*ard with normal blood pressure. It p*sses the doctors off somewhat... ^_^
I'm a fat bas*tard with low blood pressure. It's always fun to see them dive for the charts whenever I'm in hospital and they check it. Then the puzzled look on their face. Runs in the family.

Colin_P

Guru
I'm a fat bas*ard with normal blood pressure. It p*sses the doctors off somewhat... ^_^

I'm a fat bas*tard with low blood pressure. It's always fun to see them dive for the charts whenever I'm in hospital and they check it. Then the puzzled look on their face. Runs in the family.

So was I.

Then all hell broke lose.

Low BP can be as dangerous as high BP, it is just many quacks are completely focussed on high BP. If either of you ever suffer from any light headedness or palpitations, get checked out as soon as is possible.

Top Bottom