Blood pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Absolutely zero value in the results then
A single measurement in isolation means little, but can be indicative and certainly adds to a body of evidence that can suggest further investigation.

Those workplace/occupational health assessments usually consider a range of measurements, and a questionnaire about other factors, in order to reach a recommendation. The free tests I've had at work have been more detailed than the NHS version!

Slick

Guru
A single measurement in isolation means little, but can be indicative and certainly adds to a body of evidence that can suggest further investigation.

Those workplace/occupational health assessments usually consider a range of measurements, and a questionnaire about other factors, in order to reach a recommendation. The free tests I've had at work have been more detailed than the NHS version!
That's why I added the information in the second half of my post.

Absolutely zero value in the results then, but maybe some educational value.

Apparently 5 million people suffer in the UK without knowing it.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/tests/may-measurement-month

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You need 24h tests really, or have a home one. My BP was high a couple of years ago each time I saw the docs. 24h test showed high at work, but low when sat down relaxing at home and asleep. Work ain't good !!

Slick

Guru
You need 24h tests really, or have a home one. My BP was high a couple of years ago each time I saw the docs. 24h test showed high at work, but low when sat down relaxing at home and asleep. Work ain't good !!
Ain't that the truth. I moved jobs to get away from pressure only to realise that it was always just myself pilling on the pressure and despite now being part of an organisation where I can really just relax, I'm still pilling on the pressure. Can't help myself or understand if I'm honest. I reckon we're hardwired.

fossyant

Ain't that the truth. I moved jobs to get away from pressure only to realise that it was always just myself pilling on the pressure and despite now being part of an organisation where I can really just relax, I'm still pilling on the pressure. Can't help myself or understand if I'm honest. I reckon we're hardwired.

Exactly. I was worried so bought a decent BP monitor for home - showed my BP drop loads when relaxing. Also beetroot is excellent at reducing BP (if you like it - I do).

fossyant

Naughty. Pickled is my fave, and pickled red cabbage. Apparently you still get the same benefits with pickled.

fossyant

PS I like beetroot juice and raw beetroot too - It's apparently very good pre-exercise as it opens up the ability to absorb oxygen in the blood - legal doping. I suppose the bright pink pee might cause concern.

Top Bottom