Blood pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I took this at home. After Honey on toast & a coffee too.
Resting HR in low 40’s as well.

Attachments

• DA2FBD2A-B61F-4DBD-B931-D1749780957C.jpeg
    DA2FBD2A-B61F-4DBD-B931-D1749780957C.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 21

nagden

Über Member
I took this at home. After Honey on toast & a coffee too.
Resting HR in low 40’s as well.
y

I would be very happy with that. At home my BP is 128/79. At the drs It goes up To over 150/90. She puts the cuff over my jumper, which I thought led To à higher reading. The last visit I Rolled my sleeve up, but she made a deliberate gesture of pulling It down. Either she is doing It wrong or all the info I have read on Dr Google is wrong.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
y

I would be very happy with that. At home my BP is 128/79. At the drs It goes up To over 150/90. She puts the cuff over my jumper, which I thought led To à higher reading. The last visit I Rolled my sleeve up, but she made a deliberate gesture of pulling It down. Either she is doing It wrong or all the info I have read on Dr Google is wrong.
Doing it wrong. I have heard of it been done over thin clothing before though. Also it should be done on both arms & then go off the highest reading. The arm must be in a position so the pad is in line with the heart.
It’s common for people to have higher readings at the doctors due to nerves or not been relaxed enough. That’s why they’ll usually do a second time which will be lower. :smile:

Top Bottom