Blood sugar levels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Be careful with generalising the conclusion, though. Are you on insulin or tablets?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Indeed.

One of my sisters-in-law, a confirmed sofa surfer, was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a number of years ago, and has been taking medication for a number of years (Metformin? or something like that).

At the age of 73 (better late than never), she decided to try an alternative to prescription medicine and began to attend a Gym Session (for shall we say, mature people?).

After three months, she is no longer required to take medication.

She also looks, and feels better, a definite win win IMHO ;)

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Can I ask as general question what were the symptoms that led to being diagnosed with diabetes? Or just random testing ? Possible unrelated issues necessitating a visit to the docs?

vickster

Legendary Member
Can I ask as general question what were the symptoms that led to being diagnosed with diabetes? Or just random testing ? Possible unrelated issues necessitating a visit to the docs?
Most common symptoms are thirst, unexplained weight loss, tiredness

C R

Guru
No symptoms at all for me it was just a routine test and quite a shock to be told you have type 2
Type 2 may be asymptomatic for a long time. Moderately elevated blood sugar levels don't necessarily cause acute symptoms, though they may still cause long term damage. There was a study in Australia in the nineties which concluded that, on average, type two patients were likely to have had elevated blood sugar for four years prior to diagnosis, based on peripheral neuropathy tests.

Top Bottom