Bloody digeridoo things!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debian

Whose bloody bright idea was it to issue those digeridoo / horn things?!!

Second game and both have constantly sounded as though there's a swarm of giant angry bees in the stadium. Horrible and headache inducing! :thumbsup:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It's a South African thing - vuvuzellas - really fricking annoying. There was talk of banning them but the locals wouldn't have it.

potsy

Rambler
Debian said:
Whose bloody bright idea was it to issue those digeridoo / horn things?!!

Second game and both have constantly sounded as though there's a swarm of giant angry bees in the stadium. Horrible and headache inducing! :angry:
Just been saying the same to the mrs,awful racket!!

dodgy

You know, I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's true. The entire tournament has just turned into a sound off experience for me. That's a real shame, with the sound off it's only just slightly better than with it on! I'd hoped the opening match was just high sprits with the home team playing, but if this continues I doubt if I'll watch anymore.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I'm looking forward to the England supporters band and the theme to the "Italian Job";).
Never thought I'd be thinking that. Or hearing somone set off an Air Horn.
Come back the massed drummers Duh Duh Du Du Du, Du Du Du Du, Du Duh

And why can't they use tin-cans in the same way the West Indian cricket fans did in the 1976 series in England?

It was far more melodic! :angry:

bauldbairn

Debian said:
Second game and both have constantly sounded as though there's a swarm of giant angry bees in the stadium. :angry:

+1, Very annoying!!!! :sad:

Dayvo said:
And why can't they use tin-cans in the same way the West Indian cricket fans did in the 1976 series in England?

It was far more melodic! :biggrin:

Like a "micro" set of steel drums??? :angry: - :smile:

we need to find some alternative match commentary that is NOt being broadcast live from the stadiums.

vuvuzela blowers = self-gratification artists

luckily i think my surround system is wired wrong somewhere, my sound level actually goes quieter when I switch to the HD channels. can't figure it out. but i might only worry about it after the world cup with this racket.

potsy

Rambler
I'm just hoping that after a few games i'll be so used to them I won't notice them anymore,if not I'll have to turn the sound off:sad:

dodgy

I think the vuvuzela blowers would be quite good if they managed to synchronise their efforts to what was happening on the pitch. Unfortunately thier drone just goes on no matter what is happening. At least the Italian Job theme, as annoying as it is, is only rattled out when something is happening (or not happening - but you get the point).

Top Bottom