Bloody dog bit my ankle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
I've never been attacked (playfully or otherwise) by a designer bike or fancy cycling clothes.
I do however run the gauntlet every time I take a shortcut across the local park. I've had more than one conversation with dog owners about their dogs and what their dog leave behind :sad:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I come into contact with quite a few dog walkers on one of my regular rides and I don't get much trouble with them at all, I just slow down when passing so they don't get too excited. I suspect that animals have a finely tuned sense as to whether you are hostile to them, and if you really don't like dogs they can tell. Cats also seem to know if someone is friendly or hostile, and won't go near some people whereas they will happily approach others.

This is what i meant when i said "so i unclipped and managed to kind of stomp on it's head but with only enough pressure to push it away rather than crack its skull(unfortunately)".

Nothing wrong with you having used enough pressure to turn it's skull to dust. Aggressive or out of control dogs are a hazard in general. Next time it could be a toddler on a bike it goes for. I have no issue with you turning that man's dog into a hotdog. I'm not condoning cruelty but I'm not gonna stand for being mauled either.

Regardless of that I still think he was wrong to "kind of stomp on it's head" and probably made it more likely for the dog to bite the next time. Just my opinion.

All the more reason Accy should have debrained it. Dead dogs don't bite. Stomping on it's head was a form of self defence, and based on what has been said, I think a reasonable one. I know it sounds cruel, but it's something I would only resort to after a dog had attempted to bite me, which would either just drive me nuts, or potentially put me in hospital.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Nothing wrong with you having used enough pressure to turn it's skull to dust. Aggressive or out of control dogs are a hazard in general. Next time it could be a toddler on a bike it goes for. I have no issue with you turning that man's dog into a hotdog. I'm not condoning cruelty but I'm not gonna stand for being mauled either.

All the more reason Accy should have debrained it. Dead dogs don't bite. Stomping on it's head was a form of self defence, and based on what has been said, I think a reasonable one. I know it sounds cruel, but it's something I would only resort to after a dog had attempted to bite me, which would either just drive me nuts, or potentially put me in hospital.
(Takes @RideLikeTheStig off Christmas card list).:whistle:

simongt

Guru
Cats also seem to know if someone is friendly or hostile, and won't go near some people whereas they will happily approach others.
'Cos cats are smart and more aware of the vibes that we humans give out - ! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom