Bloody dog bit my ankle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I've put several posts on here about the selfishness and denial of many dog owners. "He won't bite". Etc.
But I had a sister who was scared of dogs. She was 5 and on her way to the shop (1963 so roads not as busy as today). She was chased into road and under a bus and died at the scene. Dog owner never found.
I only found out a couple of years ago that my uncle was about 100 yards away waiting for bus going in opposite direction and saw everything.
Granddaughters are terrified of dogs, previous experience with other grand parents alsation that was kept in house and never walked. If dogs are around when we are with them I'm terrified of possible consequences.

That's tragic, it must have been very hard for your family. The poor girl must have been terrified. People forget the effect that dogs can have on children.

We have a public field opposite our house and the children in our street, mine included, are very wary of dogs because of the number of times they've been chased, jumped on, barked at and knocked over by out of control dogs.

The owners stand in the field calling their dogs as they come through the hedge, cross the road and come into the gardens chasing after cats and children. I have had to haul dogs out of the gardens away from pets & family a few times and the owners rarely apologise.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Most dogs
But not all dogs! I'll never forget the time i cycled past a local scrapyard to find myself confronted by a Doberman and a Japanese Akita. Instead of outrunning/cycling them i calmly got off my bike and walked away,only for them to circle me trying to nip me. As soon as i got away from the scrapyard area they lost interest. About a week or so later it was in the Accy Observer that a bloke had been attacked and his dog badly mauled by these creatures. It was T Smith &Sons yard:ohmy:. Being local you'll know who/which one i mean. https://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/news/local-news/eight-arrested-after-police-scrap-10738779

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Isn't it supposed to be a 20 pence piece?:rolleyes: Seriously though,if i could send in pic's i wouldn't be off the site as i have sooo many things to show! Even more serious,the bite has i wouldn't say put me off cycling,but it's made me more aware if that was possible/needed of how dogs are so unpredictable. This bollox we hear of 'he's only being friendly' and 'well if you'd stopped to just let him sniff you instead of running/cycling away he wouldn't have bitten you' blah blah just isn't right! As i've stated i have a dog,i hate animal cruelty and would probably get more upset over animals suffering than humans suffering,but i have a right to be safe from bloody dogs that not only can bite you but in the case of cyclists can either knock you off or cause you to fall off causing serious injury!
I live in Denmark and dont keep up with which coins you have and which you are getting rid of. I hear you are going back to the old pounds, shillings and pence. non of this decimal nonsense. soon

rrarider

Veteran
Another strategy is to stop and bend down pretending to pick up a stone, a gesture that's recognised by dogs all over the world.
I doubt that would work in Accrington. Chucking a Nori at the beast would be a much more effective tactic there.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Oh no, it's true, i read it on dogchat.com in the General Dogging Discussions in a thread titled "Bloody two-legs kicked my balls".

Salar

A fish out of water
Another chapter in the long awaited book. Never a dull moment in your life.

I find it hard to believe it was a Labradoodle i.e as you call them designer dogs. Cockapoos I don't know, but Labradoodles, particularly Australian ones are the most friendly and intelligent dogs out there. I know, I have one and it is well trained.

But like people there is always an odd one about.

Salar

A fish out of water
Labradoodles = Mongrels.

Australian Labradoodles, posh mongrels:becool: were bred to be hyperallergenic , non shredding and to be used as guide dogs and companions for the blind.
Then a load of plonkers, mostly in the USA I believe considered them as designer dogs which eventually spread to the UK.
I loathe them being called designer dogs.

There's also a big difference between British and Australian Labradoodles, Aussie ones are nicer. :smile:

Anyway it will be low tide soon and I'll be off down the beach with our (F1) Australian Labradoodle who loves a swim in the pools.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Labradoodles = Mongrels.

Another chapter in the long awaited book. Never a dull moment in your life.

I find it hard to believe it was a Labradoodle i.e as you call them designer dogs. Cockapoos I don't know, but Labradoodles, particularly Australian ones are the most friendly and intelligent dogs out there. I know, I have one and it is well trained.

But like people there is always an odd one about.
It was about the size of a Springer Spaniel,with curly hair like a Poodle's and floppy ears like a Bedlington Terrier's. It might've been intelligent,possibly even a member of Mensa,but whatever it was it was a threat to my safety!

Top Bottom