Bloody dog bit my ankle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member

Genuine self defence is one thing, doing no more the absolutely necessary and clearing orf, but this chaps attempt at humour is nothing less than nasty.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I prefer most dogs to most people, nothing posted so far as altered my outlook. :smile:
I am a dog lover,despite what happened yesterday. I suppose the dog was doing it's natural instinctive thing of chasing moving objects. What maddens me is that those two owners who've let it charge at me didn't even show the slightest bit of concern for me. The woman was worse than the man,in the way she didn't even try to call it back like the man did. I suppose they're cyclist haters. There's a lot of that type about!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Do you have a 650B bike - I can lend you some Ice Spiker Pro tyres with 300 spikes in each tyre - mince meat for tea ? (Only joking)

DRM

Guru
Generally, if you stop, the chase instinct stops, it's just knowing what's an aggressive chase, or not, but the bottom line is the dog should be under control if it's known to chase moving things, sometimes it's a shame you can't just out pace the dog, egging it on to follow you for quite a distance, I bet the owners would panic then if they thought they'd lost it.

Alan O

Über Member
I've been chased by dogs a few times, and I always stop and face them and it's always worked - I never try to outrun them.

potsy

Rambler
Could have been worse Accy!

he-aint-heavy-5.jpg

Top Bottom