bloody dogs ,WHY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Talking of dogs and baths showers etc..

i was working for an old dear a few yrs back..her cat's liked having a bath with her..

My young labourer at the time thought she was very odd' she was' but she said to him one morning "Have you seen my grey pussy"?...he couldn speak...lol and i said he's tea total..she didnt understand the quip..

bless her..

gbb

Legendary Member
Talking of dogs and baths showers etc..

i was working for an old dear a few yrs back..her cat's liked having a bath with her..

My young labourer at the time thought she was very odd' she was' but she said to him one morning "Have you seen my grey pussy"?...he couldn speak...lol and i said he's tea total..she didnt understand the quip..

bless her..
At work some years ago, a female office worker approaching retirement was heard to say to her colleagues...'Oooh, my husband gave me a lovely pearl necklace last night '...:hugs:

Bless her, she didnt have a clue :rofl:

Sorry, back to dirty dogs....oh....

TVC

Did someone mention vile and horrible dogs? I've got one. If it stinks, she'll roll in it. If it's stationary, she'll eat it, whether it's fresh, mouldy or, ahem, pre-digested. Ok, so she's a Labrador so that isn't a surprise. The surprise is her utter dislike of being washed. If it's liquid, she'll get in it, from stagnant puddles at the side of the road to bogs to the sea on a day so cold that even the rock pools are covered in a film of ice. But a nice warm shower? Call the RSPCA!
You forgot wiping oil from the underside of tractors using her face

Can't beat a nice decomposing seagull to roll in!
Bloody seagulls. I had a new windscreen put in a works van last Saturday and then within 4 hours hit one of the bugegrs on the M62!

Luckily the windscreen survived, (bird not so lucky), but I thought the bloody thing was going to smash through with the impact it made :B)

Sara_H

Guru
Did someone mention vile and horrible dogs? I've got one. If it stinks, she'll roll in it. If it's stationary, she'll eat it, whether it's fresh, mouldy or, ahem, pre-digested. Ok, so she's a Labrador so that isn't a surprise. The surprise is her utter dislike of being washed. If it's liquid, she'll get in it, from stagnant puddles at the side of the road to bogs to the sea on a day so cold that even the rock pools are covered in a film of ice. But a nice warm shower? Call the RSPCA!
I have to confess, our lab has only ever been in the bath once in his 10 years, which was a couple of days after we got him as he was a bit wiffy even as cute ikkle pup!
If he rolls in something despicable it's fairy liquid and watering can in the garden for him, I'm afraid. He's not very fond of the idea. Has to be tied to the garden gate so its become a bit of a spectator sport for the neighbours!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I have to confess, our lab has only ever been in the bath once in his 10 years, which was a couple of days after we got him as he was a bit wiffy even as cute ikkle pup!
If he rolls in something despicable it's fairy liquid and watering can in the garden for him, I'm afraid. He's not very fond of the idea. Has to be tied to the garden gate so its become a bit of a spectator sport for the neighbours!
That was in early March and I was trying to be nice to her with the warm water. Turns out she's just as miserable whatever the water temperature so I now simply use the hosepipe in the yard as it involves less cleaning up afterwards. Like yours, she also has to be tied up and won't go anywhere near THAT corner for weeks afterwards.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
We used to have a wholesale nursery in Devon, it was rural, no sanitation.

I was potting up plants when all of a sudden my stomach was struck by a thunderbolt. Out the back to the hedge I scurried. It was almost enough to take the enamel off my teeth, it was really bad.
I returned to the potting bench with sore stomach and slightly worse for wear.
After a moment I thought "where's that bloody dog....?"
I returned to the scene of chemical warfare to find him wolfing it down, again in a drugged up like trance.
When Thomas was a toddler, just out of nappies he needed to go. I dangled him in some long grass. Off we set again. The dirty minger managed to fade away unnoticed back to the place..... It was irresistible to him.

Still, you never know where your next hot meal is coming from do you?

Top Bottom