bloody dogs ,WHY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
We used to have a wholesale nursery in Devon, it was rural, no sanitation.

I was potting up plants when all of a sudden my stomach was struck by a thunderbolt. Out the back to the hedge I scurried. It was almost enough to take the enamel off my teeth, it was really bad.
I returned to the potting bench with sore stomach and slightly worse for wear.
After a moment I thought "where's that bloody dog....?"
I returned to the scene of chemical warfare to find him wolfing it down, again in a drugged up like trance.
When Thomas was a toddler, just out of nappies he needed to go. I dangled him in some long grass. Off we set again. The dirty minger managed to fade away unnoticed back to the place..... It was irresistible to him.

Still, you never know where your next hot meal is coming from do you?
Oh yes, I remember during times of ill health with my head in a bucket - dog loyally sitting by my side waiting to help me "clean up".

Sara_H

Guru
@coffeejo - Whilst we're on the subject of dogs, which trailer have you got for your lab? I've never got around to converting my old toddler trailer and am going to just buy one.
Are you happy with the one you've got?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
@coffeejo - Whilst we're on the subject of dogs, which trailer have you got for your lab? I've never got around to converting my old toddler trailer and am going to just buy one.
Are you happy with the one you've got?
No idea what the brand is - a friend got it new off ebay. It does the job though I had to put a comfier floor down for her (old pillow shoved inside an old waterproof jacket). Longest ride was approx 20 miles. Not used it for over a year as the private drive we were allowed to use has been out of bounds for an age due to building and renovation work and even if I wanted to take the dog and the bike and the trailer on the footpath, I wouldn't be able to get it all through the gates.

Sara_H

Guru
No idea what the brand is - a friend got it new off ebay. It does the job though I had to put a comfier floor down for her (old pillow shoved inside an old waterproof jacket). Longest ride was approx 20 miles. Not used it for over a year as the private drive we were allowed to use has been out of bounds for an age due to building and renovation work and even if I wanted to take the dog and the bike and the trailer on the footpath, I wouldn't be able to get it all through the gates.

Thanks. I've just been looking at the doggyhut ones, which are cheap, cheerfull and have good reviews.

djb1971

Legendary Member
@djb1971 has one too. He posted a great photo of his dog flying along in it the other day.
They're great. My dog is old and can't run along with me all day, I now pedal to the woods with him in tow. The run around is more than enough for him. It's better than driving to any woodlands too:okay:

I ordered mine direct from Germany, took 4 days to arrive. I got the large size because I didn't want his head poking through the top, and wanted to be able to close him in if the weather gets rough.

Sara_H

Guru
I tried to get Sabor (my GSD) into my trailer a few times .................................................No way was he getting in that :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: thing ......................legs akimbo he was like a wriggling pig..
Oh dear. I'm planning to set it up the house and give him his meals in there for a few days.

Jack loves eating sheep poo and will roll in anything.

Good thing is he loves having a shower. In fact, if you're having a shower and haven't closed the bathroom door properly, he'll jump in with you.... as my mother found out when she came to stay recently.

Jack sounds like a fun type of guy.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I tried to get Sabor (my GSD) into my trailer a few times .................................................No way was he getting in that :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: thing ......................legs akimbo he was like a wriggling pig..
The only reason Snipe's looking like she might actually enjoy the trailer in the above photo is that I made her run beside the bike for mile and a half without stopping. She was pathetically grateful for the rest. Putting her in "cold" never works, especially the "putting her in" bit. Within a few miles she had recovered sufficiently to resort back to her usual tactic of non-stop howling. Cycling up the hill on the edge of town was great fun. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look and stare and whisper amongst themselves.

Sara_H

Guru
The only reason Snipe's looking like she might actually enjoy the trailer in the above photo is that I made her run beside the bike for mile and a half without stopping. She was pathetically grateful for the rest. Putting her in "cold" never works, especially the "putting her in" bit. Within a few miles she had recovered sufficiently to resort back to her usual tactic of non-stop howling. Cycling up the hill on the edge of town was great fun. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look and stare and whisper amongst themselves.
Oh dear, what have I let myself in for!!!!!

Slioch

Guru
Remind me to tell you about when my dog vomited a couple of hours after he'd eat a nice big, home made poo sometime!

Errr, no thanks. I'll pass on that if you don't mind.

Once upon a time, when I was very young and very drunk, I ate a tin of dog food for a laugh. My poo's smelt evil for days afterwards.

Top Bottom