Bloody mobile phone tossers!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I just walked to the shops (500m) and spotted one WVM on the phone. Made the phone sign, pointed at him, and he gave me twos. Unfortunately for him there was a red light, so I nipped back 10 paces and pretended to take a photo of him with my mobile. Que instant dropping of his phone, more two finger salutes, and a bit of hopping and skipping of his van as he failed to operate the clutch smoothly!!! He stalled, I was laughing.

On the way back, another one blatantly on the phone on the other side of the road. I did the same, together with a loud "OI MATE, PUT THE PHONE DOWN". He at least put the phone down quickly, but spent too long glaring at me, and got the message when I pointed up the road at the now disappearing rear end of the queue.

What is wrong with these tossers, and why are the police not enforcing this law? It's one of the few things that really wind me up on our roads, given that it's more dangerous than drink driving.

Maz

Guru
It's Yin and Yang, mikey.
Remember that awesome ride you went for earlier? Hm?

Don't start me off on this one mikey.I bloody hate the things as it is.

Had a ped (yet again) crossing totally oblivious to anything at a green set (for traffic) of ped lights between Blackfriars Bridge and Southwark Bridge.I wasn't the best pleased and told him of this fact but normally peds ignore lights if they are green anyway.He then proceeded to put his phone down and give me his life story.

Why are people so obsessed with talking bollox while they are walking along?

Motorist got the hint yesterday as she changed the gears with one hand and proceeded to talk while holding phone with other hand and she gave me a wide berth after I gave her an (unrude) hand/arm gesture.

WVM yesterday or the day before even had a mobile number on the back of his van whilst he was yapping into offending object while driving with no lights on.

Brain dead.

yenrod

BentMikey said:
I just walked to the shops (500m) and spotted one WVM on the phone. Made the phone sign, pointed at him, and he gave me twos. Unfortunately for him there was a red light, so I nipped back 10 paces and pretended to take a photo of him with my mobile. Que instant dropping of his phone, more two finger salutes, and a bit of hopping and skipping of his van as he failed to operate the clutch smoothly!!! He stalled, I was laughing.

On the way back, another one blatantly on the phone on the other side of the road. I did the same, together with a loud "OI MATE, PUT THE PHONE DOWN". He at least put the phone down quickly, but spent too long glaring at me, and got the message when I pointed up the road at the now disappearing rear end of the queue.

What is wrong with these tossers, and why are the police not enforcing this law? It's one of the few things that really wind me up on our roads, given that it's more dangerous than drink driving.

Mike, I'd think twice about doing this - especially the way people are soo mental nowadays !

I spend about 10 hours a day driving and i was glad when they brought in the new law where you get a £60 fine and penalty points on your license ... it made me go out and buy a bluetooth headset and it works a treat - i no longer spill my coffee when i answer the phone :evil:;):evil:

People will always chance their arm and break the law whilst on the road regardless of what they are driving or riding

Simon

Maz

Guru
BentMikey said:
Jake's Dad, you do realise that although it's not illegal to use a handsfree, it's just about as risky as just holding the phone?
Go on, you've hooked one. Reel me in. In what way is it just as risky?

Hey Mikey, are you taking a leaf out of my book? Offering unsolicited advice! :becool::smile:

It really does bug me as well. I see it a lot, but my camera often doesn't see well through the car windows so I don't often catch it on camera.

As I understand it, handsfree mobile phones are as dangerous as holding the phone. It is related to attention and the fact that the the person on the other end of the phone is not there, and so cannot pause the conversation when it would be safe to do so (i.e. like you would do if you were the passenger of the car).

I don't use my mobile in the car unless I am safely parked at the side of the road.

Top Bottom