Blue Mini HS03 FXF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
To the driver of a blue mini cooper, HS03 FXF, you deserve a good kick in.

Not for gesticulating at me for daring to take primary to stop you from overtaking me at a pinch point but for the completely stupid dangerous left hook of another cyclist who happened to have her child with her, in a child seat.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Video coming mate?

Pisquee

Regular
This kind of answers one of my questions. We have a baby due in 6 months. Both me and my wife love cycling. I am concerned about my own and her safety as it is with some of the stoopid drivers we encounter, and was wondering if stuoopid drivers become less stoopid when they see a baby/child on a back seat.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
In my experience drivers will give you more room with a child seat on the bike.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
This kind of answers one of my questions. We have a baby due in 6 months. Both me and my wife love cycling. I am concerned about my own and her safety as it is with some of the stoopid drivers we encounter, and was wondering if stuoopid drivers become less stoopid when they see a baby/child on a back seat.

In Swindon some drivers seem to lack experience/common sense of how to handle bicycles using the road. Most cyclists I see use the shared paths or non-shared paths, until recently I saw very few on the road. Since the beginning of the year I see lots more cyclists and far more using the roads.

Do not see many bikes with child seats but do see a few with child trailers which are large and more visible.

Jezston

Über Member

It may seem scary, but scientifically your child will be safer on a baby seat on the move than in the home.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
It may seem scary, but scientifically your child will be safer on a baby seat on the move than in the home.

Unless they wear a thudguard.

thudguard_blue_250.gif

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Unless they wear a thudguard.

thudguard_blue_250.gif

My kid could do with one of them , he is a stunt man in training .....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What an effing despicable c**t. If I had seen that and caught up with the driver I would have pulled him out of the car and given him a bloody nose.
The driver had all the time and room in the world. Absolutely no need to have acted like that.

stowie

Legendary Member
Terrible.

T*rds like this are the reason why I don't use a child-seat on my bicycle. And my life is a little bit worse for it - my child would love to ride on the bicycle and it would make my life a little easier.

You have to report this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom