Blurgh.....what's this wet stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
......coming out of the sky....... This will be my first 'wet' commute in weeks.....good grief....:biggrin:

Means I'll need to wash the bike tonight....:smile:

Proper tipping it down ! Actually looking forward to it ! :laugh:

We need a lighter topic on Commuting - full of 'idiot XXXXX' topics - (insert driver, pedestrian or cyclist for the XXXXX.....:biggrin: It's even made some poor new commuter think of delaying when they start riding to work.........it's all not bad.........

BSRU

A Human Being
fossyant said:
it's all not bad.........
The negatives of cycling are massively outweighed by the positives.

Just this Saturday, I had great pleasure in tiring out my 2 and half year old daughter. In my opinion cycling has made me healthier and fitter than before, I also sleep like a corpse these days.

fossyant said:
......coming out of the sky....... This will be my first 'wet' commute in weeks.....good grief....:biggrin:

Means I'll need to wash the bike tonight....:smile:

Proper tipping it down ! Actually looking forward to it ! :laugh:

We need a lighter topic on Commuting - full of 'idiot XXXXX' topics - (insert driver, pedestrian or cyclist for the XXXXX.....:biggrin: It's even made some poor new commuter think of delaying when they start riding to work.........it's all not bad.........

Good idea on the change of topic. It's getting so I just skim the subject lines and pass onto the next forum. Sure we all meet nutters out there, but do we have to talk about them all the time. The vast majority of my commute is trouble free and a pleasant transition between home & work.

Back to the OP though ... A bit damp here, but not much coming down to blight the ride. Mind you when I got to the bike racks (in a large shed big enough to take a few exec cars and multiple racks of bikes) there was water in the floor in MY space (well the one I usually use) and my lock was lying in it. The lock is left hanging from the top of the Sheffield Stand, but I have just had a week off. Obviously someone was using MY space last week and moved the lock out of thier way. Since it has been sitting knee deep (for it) in water for goodness knows how long, I shall probably take it home tonight to give it a squirt of WD40 or GT85.

Ranger

You should have seen me after my commute home on Saturday around 6:30. It was hilarious, it was like being in the shower just slightly colder

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Eased a little now. Had my kids and wife fall over laughing one time last year - water was still pouring off my waterproofs as I stood in the hall - big puddles all the way to the shower.... crazy ride.....like riding through a river all the way home...with a big grin on my face

Ranger said:
You should have seen me after my commute home on Saturday around 6:30. It was hilarious, it was like being in the shower just slightly colder

Ah yes ... Edinburgh ... Sat 5/5/10 ... 18:30 ... it was raining a bit then.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
It's probably my fault - I just washed my bike and did a serious chain clean. Sad about that, the factory grease just ran out on my shiny new KMC 9SL chain. I love those first few hundred miles with a new chain - factory grease is always far better than any relube.

Jmetz

I missed the rain this morning :ohmy:, although i must say if its just a single ride then the rain isn't such a bad thing, definately keeps you feeling fresher

potsy

Rambler
My 1st wet ride too for a few weeks,I ended up working til 4pm and got soaked for the 1st 2 miles home then it eased to a light drizzle,strangely I really enjoyed the ride home despite my feet being sopping wet within 200yards of leaving work(no overshoes)
On the down side my Cateye Velo stopped working halfway home(rain?) so need to sort that out tonight,Oh and dry my shoes out:sad: unlike Fossy I won't be cleaning the bike though:biggrin:

BenM

Veteran
Soft southern jessie rain here... still gets me wet and unfortunately forces the Muvi to live in the rack pack. Shame that cos 'they' are rebuilding 2 roundabouts as traffic lights and the motons are fuming - a sight for sore eyes. Mind you it did mean there were a couple of interesting moments but nothing worth posting on YouTube :angry:

Got to love the rain but I won't love it at all if it is wet on Thursday night in Brighton!

p.s. owing to being a recumberator, my cycling shoes are only a little damp as opposed to the soaking they would get on the upwrong :biggrin:

Norm

It's been dry all day here. Which is lucky as I decided to do today's little ride in jeans, after taking my mudguard off last weekend. It would have been proper cack riding 10 miles off road in denim if it had started hooning down.

potsy

Rambler
Norm said:
It's been dry all day here. Which is lucky as I decided to do today's little ride in jeans, after taking my mudguard off last weekend. It would have been proper cack riding 10 miles off road in denim if it had started hooning down.
Oh norm the fashion police won't be happy:biggrin:

Norm

I was on a bike with front suspension which cost under £500 new... I'm already a lost cause. :angry:

Plax

Guru
I was lucky today. No rain this morning. It rained whilst I was at work, then I only had a few drops of rain on the way home, it didn't rain properly until a few minutes after I'd got home. Bargain. Especially as I decided not to bother with any form of waterproofs and went to work in 3/4 length shorts and a t-shirt with only arm warmers as a backup.

Top Bottom