BMX for family rides!?!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Jump/Stunt bikes come in a variety of types and styles. My step brother had one that had 6 gear cassette on the back and single front. Looks like a cross between a mountain bike and a BMX and the saddle post is "normalish" height.

Best bet is take him to a bike shop and let him have a look round, if its decent you might get a sales person to have a chat about the different bikes with him.

They do. The one I linked to is a Scott Voltage, normal saddle heights are part of its repertoire. Giant, Specialized etc. all do them in their range and they all look pretty cool whilst at the same time being fairly capable bikes.

Yeahbut jump bikes isn't BMXs. Turning up to the BMX park on a jump is like showing up to a knife fight with ... like something not very knife like such as maybe a spoon. Or a cup cake.

OP
OP
Emmaroid

Emmaroid

Well.... I doubt I will be a laughing stock but I like it and it was a bargain!

C42DDE3E-6AC8-4588-877C-1857C14D2694-2068-000002BC83DDDF47.jpg

Hicky

Guru
You like it, it was a bargain, mudguards , lights................ now it just needs riding to death!

simon.r

Person
Looks good:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Emmaroid

Emmaroid

£70 says I couldnt go wrong. My mate came with me and couldnt believe what condition it was in! We've cleaned the chain with his lil contraption thingy, degreased the gears, adjusted the brakes, pumped the tyres up to th correct pressure and i've had a test ride. By god it is responsive in comparison to the old tanks I have ridden previously (no euphemisms there please!)!

simon.r

Person
As already said, it just needs riding now!

Don't worry if the chain-guard (the silver plastic ring on the outside of the front chain-rings) falls off as soon as you take it anywhere near a moderately rough track^_^

Top Bottom