BO

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Phoebus

Greedo said:
Judging by his standards I shudder to think of hers. Don't think he was doing 69's with her as it was purley $hit his breath smelt of. Not stale fish ;)

I'll bet you all looked forward to him farting. Just for the brief reprieve. :biggrin:

graham56

Guru
The great unwashed, i`m sure there is another name for them.

Oh yes, the Infantry;)

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Aye I know. Like a spring day breeze when he farted compared to him opening his mouth. I'm starting to gag thinking about it. I can clearly remember the stench. He also had too many teeth for his mouth. All over lapping and stuff.

He had kids as well. Poor b*stards getting a goodnight kiss from him

Mr Phoebus said:
I'll bet you all looked forward to him farting. Just for the brief reprieve. ;)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
are these smelly people cyclists who commute in in their working clothes at time trial pace and then proceed straight to desk?

i always shower as soon as i get in, i wouldn't want to inflict anything like that on my colleagues…

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Actually I'm starting to get a trifle worried about this. I'm doing a course at Uni part-time and I'm being very good and cycling in 3 times per week (it's 7.5 miles each way). Now I shower every morning and wear fresh clothes, etc, but I am pretty warm by the time I arrive and I assume I probably smell a bit sweaty. I don't know if that's really unfair to my fellow students. Should I take a shower when I get there (there are some), but that would involve carrying towels, spare clothes etc, and two of the three days I only have one 50-minute lesson...

wafflycat

Take some baby wipes and some deodorant. Once you get there, you can have a wipe down with baby wipes and apply additional deodorant as required.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Drive to your work on a Sat/Sun and leave three towels, 3 sets of clothes etc.... Then cycle to work with no baggage your 3 days, go back the following weekend at somepoint and pick up your dirty towels and replace the clothes for the following week.

Auntie Helen said:
Actually I'm starting to get a trifle worried about this. I'm doing a course at Uni part-time and I'm being very good and cycling in 3 times per week (it's 7.5 miles each way). Now I shower every morning and wear fresh clothes, etc, but I am pretty warm by the time I arrive and I assume I probably smell a bit sweaty. I don't know if that's really unfair to my fellow students. Should I take a shower when I get there (there are some), but that would involve carrying towels, spare clothes etc, and two of the three days I only have one 50-minute lesson...

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Greedo said:
Drive to your work on a Sat/Sun and leave three towels, 3 sets of clothes etc.... Then cycle to work with no baggage your 3 days, go back the following weekend at somepoint and pick up your dirty towels and replace the clothes for the following week.
Good scheme except my 'work' is actually Uni and there are no lockers or anywhere like that to put stuff.

I have to admit, though, that my fellow students (mostly 18 years younger than me!) aren't always the freshest-smelling peeps, and at least I have a very good excuse (they are SO amazed that an old fart like me actually cycles...)

Saddle bum

Über Member
Some people wear their BO with pride. I don't like to think of the processes, or lack of them, that leads them to stink so much.

The Army had a way with smelly people, a rub down with yard brooms and carbolic soap normally encouraged them to clean up, or it got repeated.

If you ride to work in clean clobber, wash and change when you get there, I'm sure you won't have a problem.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Baby wipes do the stuff - we don't have showers here, and I don't smell.

I've had to tell a member of staff they smell before now - the other Directors wouldn't do it, so I had to - the guy took it OK...ish...

Many moons ago, I worked in an open plan office. There was a middle aged lady that was fairly senior, that stunk, even on a monday morning...... can't have bathed very often.....ergh....

Lazy-Commuter

fossyant said:
Baby wipes do the stuff - we don't have showers here, and I don't smell.

I've had to tell a member of staff they smell before now - the other Directors wouldn't do it, so I had to - the guy took it OK...ish...

Many moons ago, I worked in an open plan office. There was a middle aged lady that was fairly senior, that stunk, even on a monday morning...... can't have bathed very often.....ergh....
Once a month, regular as clockwork, whether she needed it or not. :biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
I used to work with a guy who had dreadlocks.

He was a very nice guy but every now and again his hair would start to smell. No one else could say anything, but as I was the one working close to him I thought I should say something.
He took it well and came in the next day with freshly cleaned and waxed locks.

I would hope that if I did small repulsive, someone would let me know. But since I shower twice a day it shouldn't be a problem.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
On monday in geography the girl sat next to me really did stink. I thought it was someone else at first, it was that bad. Everyone on the table(larg-ish table) could smell her, and there was even a few texts sent around asking if it was actually her(worrying isnt it, some bitching going on when everyone is sitting on the same table)
There was some releif, she pulled out some perfume for some reason, and another girl asked to put some on, she 'accidently' spreyed some on the smelly girl aswell.
Apparently she just sweats alot, she told us one time her brother sweats whilst he is eating his dinner:wacko:

Top Bottom