Boardman CX Comp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hamcob

Been to collect my Boardman Comp CX and the wrong sized bike came in the correct box. Mine was a 53cm and a 55.5cm was in the wrong box.
The extremely good news is they gave me a Team bike!!!!
I am well chuffed, i have had a few bikes from Halfords and they have given me very good service in the past.

evo456

Über Member
Good result, sometimes you wonder what's going on, my cx comp actually came with 35c rather than the wider 37c tyres on spec

Hamcob

Here's my new baby lol, must remove reflectors from wheels though.
20140311_153558.jpg

ATTACH]

Hamcob

Ordered a pair of Michelin Dynamic Sport 28c tyres to go on CX and also had my first quick ride on it.
I am impressed, i does ride quite smooth even on standard tyres not as hasrh as the Triban 3 even though that rides nice.

Ollie W

Cycling pls
My CX Comp is going for its first big (well, big for me) ride next week on the Sport Relief 25 mile ride round London. Is there anything I need to do to it before I go? I'm already considering switching the tyres out for something 28c-ish as I was horrifically slow on my last training ride, and I've got some flat pedals. Not sure what else it needs to be race-ready.

jimbojones

Hi everyone. I'm about to pull the trigger on the CX Comp 2014. I'm in Germany, wiggle stocks them and I cannot wait to get on this bike. I was hoping to hear some feedback on sizing experiences. According to wiggle's size chart I think I'd need an L. I'm 184cm/6ft tall, inseam 83cm/32.5inches. A test drive is not an option unfortunately but I have contacted wiggle for their advice.

Hamcob

My CX Comp is going for its first big (well, big for me) ride next week on the Sport Relief 25 mile ride round London. Is there anything I need to do to it before I go? I'm already considering switching the tyres out for something 28c-ish as I was horrifically slow on my last training ride, and I've got some flat pedals. Not sure what else it needs to be race-ready.
Theses are the ones ive just put on mine http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_946913_langId_-1_categoryId_242553 , but not ridden it yet.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Remember guys you will have a few little niggles to sort out on your first few outings .. the brake pads are new and will take a little time to bed in properly .. take a few tools out with you so you can make adjustments as you go, this might be a slight raise of the handlebar or seat-post adjustment or seat positioning. But one thing is for sure, you will have a fun time riding it about :smile:

Hamcob

Been out to Matlock on Team CX this morning, with SPD's fitted and Michelin Dynamic Sport tyres on and did 48 miles.
The bike rides very smooth, accelerates nicely, very quiet on the new tyres and a pleasure to ride. Only downside is the stem needs turning over to lift the bars, as i got a bit of back ache.
Cheers

jimbojones

So regarding sizing wiggle replied and recommended the Extra Large (60mm) frame for me. Completely thrown by this, sounds way too big! I'm 6 feet tall with a 32.5 inch inseam. I think I will test a few alternative CX bikes this week and try to get some sort of idea of what might suit. The Boardman CX frame can't be radically different from say a Cannondale CX or something I guess.

Jonnyboy27

I'm 6ft ish and I ride the large..my other bike is cube peloton which is a 58 but cubes sizing is on the small size apparently. I have found the my Boardman cx comp in large about the same size as my cube and enjoy riding both..

evo456

Über Member
So regarding sizing wiggle replied and recommended the Extra Large (60mm) frame for me. Completely thrown by this, sounds way too big! I'm 6 feet tall with a 32.5 inch inseam. I think I will test a few alternative CX bikes this week and try to get some sort of idea of what might suit. The Boardman CX frame can't be radically different from say a Cannondale CX or something I guess.

As a reference I'm 6 ft 2 and have the large at 57cm top tube, and I think it's right in terms on stand over height

Ollie W

Cycling pls
I'm on the large one and I'm 6'3 with 32" legs, seems alright to me.

Any reason why the CX Comp seems to have disappeared off the Halfords website? Was trying to check tyre widths and there's nothing there :S

Top Bottom