Boardman CX Comp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evo456

Über Member
I'm on the large one and I'm 6'3 with 32" legs, seems alright to me.

Any reason why the CX Comp seems to have disappeared off the Halfords website? Was trying to check tyre widths and there's nothing there :S
The Boardman site has it, 37c also. What size are yours? I suspect it maybe a typo and it's really 35 c.

Ollie W

Cycling pls
Haven't measured them if I'm honest, 37c sounds about right. Was looking more for the narrow limit on that wheel.

Haydn

I'm on the large one and I'm 6'3 with 32" legs, seems alright to me.

Any reason why the CX Comp seems to have disappeared off the Halfords website? Was trying to check tyre widths and there's nothing there :S

That's odd... although I wonder if they've run out of stock (they were hard to get hold of when I bought mine - I got a Large 2 weeks ago and I'm enjoying it).

Hi everyone btw - I'm new and just getting back into cycling for commuting and leisure after becoming of driving age years ago :smile: I'm enjoying myself and getting fitter again!

Ollie W

Cycling pls
Massive tip (as if you needed it) - get someone other than Halfords to service it. Took mine to Hargroves in Southampton before the Sport Relief ride and it was like having a whole new bike. Didn't make horrid noises on the chain, didn't have to shift down twice and shift up... makes me wonder what the Halfords person actually did when setting it up!

evo456

Über Member
Massive tip (as if you needed it) - get someone other than Halfords to service it. Took mine to Hargroves in Southampton before the Sport Relief ride and it was like having a whole new bike. Didn't make horrid noises on the chain, didn't have to shift down twice and shift up... makes me wonder what the Halfords person actually did when setting it up!

Ditto, mine was set up very wrong, so I never took it back for it's 'free' 6 week service. I find that the changes do get sloppy if you let muck build up on the drive chain, how do you find the chain ring changes? Shifting from large to small cog I get a 'twang' from the cable.

Hamcob

Just a quick up date, i've done 460 miles so far on the CX and last night i changed the cassette for a Shimano Tiagra cs-4600 11-25t to see how that goes for the summer months and my Derby to Skegness charity ride.
Also going to Donnington on Tuesday to cycle the park, i went last Tuesday on my Btwin Triban 3.
Cheers.

Hamcob

Got back from a 50 mile ride on the CX with 11-25t cassette and it seams to of greatly improved for the road, being able to select a sweet spot on the gears rather going than up and down the cassette finding the gears too soft or too hard.

Ollie W

Cycling pls
Ooh, very interesting. Was it just the cassette you changed or does more have to be done to it? Have fancied a gears upgrade for a while.

jimbojones

FYI - Halford's has them in again. I was visiting Ireland and managed to sit on one to get a feel for the sizing. They have the frame sizes in centimetres while wiggle has the sizes as M, L, XL etc. Could anyone tell me is the 57.5cm in Halford's an L or an XL?

evo456

Über Member
FYI - Halford's has them in again. I was visiting Ireland and managed to sit on one to get a feel for the sizing. They have the frame sizes in centimetres while wiggle has the sizes as M, L, XL etc. Could anyone tell me is the 57.5cm in Halford's an L or an XL?

I believe its a L as mine is 57cm top tube.

Hamcob

good but out of stock atm :sad:
i paid £16.74 with British Cycling discount and collected in store next couple of days

jimbojones

So after wiggle recommended an XL for me I decided, in a moment of madness, to order both an L and an XL with the intention of returning the one that didn't fit. Got the bikes yesterday and assembled the L, stood over it and although I didn't want to believe it - it was too big. There's contact when standing over the frame, not much but enough to be noticed. So now two bikes have to go back and I think that's me done with the CX Comp. Such a shame, lovely bike.

Top Bottom