Boardman CX Comp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Gregcycle

Gregcycle

Regular
Not sure about that, so far in our store we have a, 2014 hybrid comp, 2014 cx comp, 2014 mx hybrid all built on display, suspect more will be up soon, most likely after the 2012 models go :smile:

Martin sirrell

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum so would first of all like to say how much good information, helpful posts and general detail in contains, it really is a pleasure to read! But now to the heart of the post, Im seriously considering a cyclocross bike, namely; The Boardman CX comp! Yet I'm a little sceptical on its performance as a road bike? I've hear other cyclists mention the added strain to the wheel from the disc brake and was worried this could effect the overall feel and stiffness on the road? If anyone could outline possible points of consideration/reassurance it would be greatly appreciated. If anyone is wondering why cyclocross rather than a full roadie this is due to future touring I'm hoping to complete on it, I figured the extra strength of the frame and the disc brakes would come into there own in the touring aspect.
Thanks in advance!
Hi I got the new boardman cx comp 2014 from halfords last Sunday £600 but I got 10% Of because of British cycling club membership so paid £540 only bean out a couple of times and I love it great bike looks good to

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
looks like there still running microshift....but from what ive seen the bikes look good

ska1903

Über Member
whats the spec

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_992074_langId_-1_categoryId_165710

• Handle Bars: Boardman E4P - 400mm(S) 420mm(M) 440mm(L,XL) - 31.8mm
  • Frame Material: Alloy
  • Front Brake: Tektro Lyra Mechanical Disc Brakes - 160mm
  • Rear Mech: Shimano Sora - 9 Speed
  • Rear Brake: Tektro Lyra Mechanical Disc Brakes - 160mm
  • Approximate Weight (KG): 11.5
  • Rims: Mavic XM319 - 32 Hole
  • Cassette: Shimano HG50 - 11-32t
  • Hubs: 9mm QR - 32 Hole
  • Forks: 7005 Alloy Blades with Chromoly Steerer
  • Tyres: Schwalbe Tyrago Kevlar Guard 700c x 37c
  • Saddle: Boardman E4P - Chromoly Rails
  • Seatpost: Boardman E4P - 31.6mm - 350mm with offset
  • Gear Shifters: Shimano Sora - STI
  • Geometry: Boardman Cyclocross
  • Front Mech: Shimano Sora - 2 Speed
  • Pedals: Wellgo Platform - 9/16"
  • Headset: FSA No.10P 1.1/8" - Semi Integrated
  • Number of Gears: 18
  • Chainset: FSA Velo Compact 50/34t - 175mm
  • Stem: Boardman E4P - 90mm(S) 100mm(M) 110mm(L) 120mm(XL) - 31.8 with +/-7 degree rise

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
i'm a fan of the colour schemes but some of the components would need replacing throughout the range IMO....Still using microshift on the cx team.. .its shoot!

Top Bottom