Boardman CX Comp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Really annoying that this year's CX front forks come without the mudguard eyelets. They did this with the Hybrid Pro last year. The specs state it is fully mudguard compatible :rolleyes:
I have last year's model and it has been great apart from Halfords couldn't get the BB5's to work at all and took 3 weeks to fix my BB30 BB creaking issue (hopefully solved for 2014). Had to get LBS to setup the rest. If anyone is thinking of getting any Boardman, get it boxed and set it up yourself or take to LBS as others have recommended. You'll save yourself a lot of hassle..

evo456

Über Member
Really annoying that this year's CX front forks come without the mudguard eyelets. They did this with the Hybrid Pro last year. The specs state it is fully mudguard compatible :rolleyes:

Very annoying they don't add the eyelets just to widen the appeal of the bike to commuters and tourers. To a degree it swung me towards the comp which does have it plus the low rider mounts for touring. My concern now is trying to get a chain stay kick stand that has a long enough reach to clamp onto the seat stay as the brakes are mountain also on the chain stay.

Dave W

Any chances of a photo of the new beastie? :thumbsup:

Only if you ignore the grotty kitchen. :-)

photo_zpsf9339298.jpg

Front guard

photo_zpsff7c8f2e.jpg

Dave W

Very nice indeed, in fact I have the same topeak bag- it looks like the DX tourist rack is the standard one and not the one specific to disc brakes?

Nope, disc version. Topeak bag and rack are superb, have had them for over 2 years and they have been worth every penny.

stato

Thats superb! I have just ordered a set of sks bluemels will prob go down the same route cable ties and some insulation tape.

Incidently has anyone else noticed that the CX team is no longer on halfords website! I assume its sold out or there is something about to change!, I am happy with the medium I purchased but did really want the small (51.5) based on feedback about the geomtry. Halfords told me they wont be stocking the small 51.5cm as shown on the boardman website.

Anyone inquired about this? Am wondering where I stand in terms of potetially swapping it for a small if they do end up stocking it based on incorrect info provided from halfords? any ideas?

evo456

Über Member
My CX comp arrived today- a lovely looking thing. At 6ft 2 the large size is a very good fit. Haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces, apart from a quick spin around the car park but very comfortable with the riding position. Fortunately most things were screwed on properly apart from the front reflector - minor point. The rear gears were not indexed properly so will need to fettle with it, front mech seems ok. Rear brakes are lightly rubbing in some place- could be wheel or rotor off true, this may disappear after the initial bedding in period. Overall very impressed with the build quality and finish- not sure about the toe clip pedals though...

PS I've dabbed some super glue on the chrome handle bar end trims so that it won't fall off mid-ride. I managed to drop one just taking off the handlebar packaging!

WP_20131010_19_30_44_Pro.jpg
WP_20131010_19_31_00_Pro.jpg
WP_20131010_20_40_36_Pro.jpg
WP_20131010_20_37_58_Pro.jpg

Ollie W

Cycling pls
OK, now I'm confuzzled. Went into a bike fit calculator online (the Competitive Cyclist one):]

Top Tube Length
61.8 - 62.2 Cm
Seat Tube Range CC
50.8 - 51.3 Cm
Seat Tube Range CT
52.3 - 52.8 Cm
Stem Length
11 - 11.6 Cm
BB Saddle Position
72.3 - 74.3 Cm
Saddle Handlebar
58.8 - 59.4 Cm
Saddle Setback
0.2 - 0.6 Cm
Seatpost Type
Setback

Pretty sure that's a Large/Xtra Large top tube and a small/medium seat tube...

Top Bottom