Boardman CX Comp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tigger

Über Member
Have they changed the frame for 2014? Its looks the same as before, the components on the Team look pretty much identical too. So is this just a paint job?

Dave W

Have they changed the frame for 2014? Its looks the same as before, the components on the Team look pretty much identical too. So is this just a paint job?

Pretty much the same frame I believe and rather annoyingly the removal of the front guard lugs off the fork. £50 cheaper too.

tigger

Über Member
Pretty much the same frame I believe and rather annoyingly the removal of the front guard lugs off the fork. £50 cheaper too.

Just noticed that. That's weird, why did they do that?! The old paint jobs looks better too IMO, stealthier and more understated. What a shame. Surprised and disappointed by Boardman here. Still, at least I won't have new model envy I suppose!

Dave W

Which Mudguards did you get and what is the max tyre size they can take please.

SKS thermoplastics, 35 to somat. Got 35's on now and I doubt anything bigger would fit to be honest. 22 quid at the mo from wiggle.

evo456

Über Member
Which Mudguards did you get and what is the max tyre size they can take please.

If frame and fork size are the same as the comp model it fits 37c without much trouble. Im in the middle of fitting sks p45 chromo plastics, depending on tread pattern I will say tyres can prob goto 45c without no mud guards. The sks pretty much takes all the space under the rear bridge/wishbone, you could force a wider one in if you cut a chunk where it goes under the bridge. Not much problems in the front as there is an indent for going under the fork.

evo456

Über Member
The 2014 CX bikes, dont know if it is both models or just the silver one

Please share if you know anymore, I'm fitting all my ancillaries at the moment- so if there is a recall on the CXs (both Comp and Team) I'm going to hold fire.

Top Bottom