Boardman Hybrid Bike Pro?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

park1

That is no real indicative weight technique as weight distribution, unconscious bias, distractions etc can easily skew such an estimate. Also if you're strong enough to lift 10kg then lifting 9kg won't feel much different.

These are some of the reasons why scales exist. Bb

My surname is Salter and I am a set of human scales.
Just found a review on tredz that said 19lbs/8.6kg - they didn't specify exact height above sea level and the ambient temperature at the time of measurement so I'm sure it is wildly inaccurate.
Seriously though lifted it compared to my 10kg bike and it felt about 1kg lighter - if that information is useful great; if not please ignore - that is the reason forums exist.

park1

Possibly but from the basic information that the spec gives on the chainset the 1x11 vs 2x11 costs seem to make little overall difference to cost on a total build.

For example at this time Wiggle have the SRAM Rival x1 crankset at £106.84 and the x2 at £91.49. SRAM XG1150 (10-42) cassette is £88.66 as opposed to an equivalent 11-28, for example, at £33.99. This leaves cash left over for a left shifter and front derailleur.

I too noticed the cost of the cassette and winced a little.

My surname is Salter and I am a set of human scales.
Just found a review on tredz that said 19lbs/8.6kg - they didn't specify exact height above sea level and the ambient temperature at the time of measurement so I'm sure it is wildly inaccurate.
Seriously though lifted it compared to my 10kg bike and it felt about 1kg lighter - if that information is useful great; if not please ignore - that is the reason forums exist.

Wtf.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Well picked up my new Boardman yesterday. Loaded it into the car and brought it home. Looks great ^_^.

Unsurprisingly, given Halfords reputation, I had to do a reasonable amount of work prior to taking it for a quick spin round the block (waiting on clearance from my physio before going any further :sad:). I knew I would want to change pedals but also had to rotate the bars a reasonable amount to have the brake levers in an even remotely sensible position. Next I had to reposition the right shifter aa bit as the down shift was impossible to reach unless you had index finger length thumbs with an extra joint in there somewhere! Finally I had to reindex the rear derailleur as it was nowhere near correct.

It therefore seems that despite being able to talk the talk the staff can't walk the walk and anyone lacking in bike maintenance skills would have found the bike, as set up, either unrideable or very uncomfortable and difficult.

At lest the forks were on the right way round :laugh:

Top Bottom