Boardman Hybrid Comp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am thinking of getting one from Halforfd for £399 as a " going into town bike". Anybody has anything to say about it? Specs look alright. Offer is on till September 4th so plenty of time to make my mind up.

vickster

Legendary Member
Pay £34 for BC Ride membership for another 10% off. No brainier

A colleague has that bike, bought to replace a stolen one

I think @galaxy recently posted a purchase too (might be another user)

matiz

Guru
I've had one for 2 years, had no problems at all,i use it daily it handles well and gets up to speed quickly,I use it more than my road bike now.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

I really rate Boardman bikes - in fact just ordered my third.:whistle:
Go for it - but as @vickster says, get BC membership first if you're not already a member for even more off.
BC membership at £34 would only gain me £6. Not worth the hassle. Better off getting it at 0% finance over 12 months and keep money in the bank.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Up to you but you get legal and third party cover which is actually more important IMO if you ride on roads

Not a lot of point having money in the bank but 0% finance isn't to be sniffed at

Plus he will get 10% off any other future purchases from halfords :okay: also could he not get the 0% finance as well as the discount, dont know if they allow that.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Plus he will get 10% off any other future purchases from halfords :okay: also could he not get the 0% finance as well as the discount, dont know if they allow that.
The 0% finance starts at £399 so the discount would take me below that. I haven't ruled out BC for future purchases though.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Got it. In my shed now until I get the chance to ride it tomorrow. Tyres were under inflated for my liking, bell was loose and saddle was pointing downwards. All corrected now. Hope the gears are set correctly. Photo will follow in due course.
This bike will only be used when I need to go into town as I much prefer biking than walking. Might also use it for quick, short rides on the prom in the evening as I won't need to dress up ( cleat shoes, bib shorts, jersey ) but just normal clothes.
I noticed my three road bikes are giving the Boardman funny looks already. Hope they don't pick on it during the night .

Last edited:
OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

SAM_1871.JPG
There it is. Hasn't been on the road yet but fully equipped with accessories ( bags). Shortly after taking this photo, I went out with it for about 10 miles. Ok for short distances but prefer road bike for anything longer. Need to buy rear mud guard ( in case I go on wet roads), spare tubes and bottle cage now. Does it ever end?

Top Bottom