Boardman on BBC Breakfast...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
With Louise Minchin...

Talking sense...

Wearing normal clothes...

And no helmet...

The guy is still my hero!

Sounds like the Beeb are running a whole series all week.

Yeah just watched it - there is a Minister for Cycling?!? Never heard of him.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've just seen this on Facebook - let's just say any message they are trying to impart has been lost in the numbers talking about helmets and high vis. And talking about removing cyclists from the road for their own safety. :banghead:

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've just seen this on Facebook - let's just say any message they are trying to impart has been lost in the numbers talking about helmets and high vis. And talking about removing cyclists from the road for their own safety. :banghead:
haters gonna hate, sure as night follows day.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I didn't get to see it as I left for work before it was showed, but did catch a small preview clip. What I noticed that Boardman was helmetless and all in black and whom I guess was the reporter riding with him with helmet and disguised as a bag of hi-viz custard.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Boardman was quoted as saying helmets are no use or something similar. Finally.

Rykard

Veteran
Loiuse Michin was the reporter, and it said she cycles regularly, she was in 'normal' commuting attire.

CB does say a lot of sensible stuff, the problem his comments don't make good sound bites. while it's political no real headway will be made towards cyclists.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
With Louise Minchin...

Talking sense...

Wearing normal clothes...

And no helmet...

The guy is still my hero!

Sounds like the Beeb are running a whole series all week.
The facebook only video explanation of Chris telling us why no helmet has opened my eyes alot. I hope you can all see the clip
Its on a BBC Breakfast facebook page https://www.facebook.com/bbcbreakfast
For a bit of context, another part of that recording, with cycling tips is here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29853789.

And yes, he does say ''With big vehicles - buses, lorries - their visibility is impaired - the vehicle is, it's effectively not fit for purpose, give them plenty of space [plus the standard left turn danger advice].''

BigAl68

Über Member
Numerous Facebook feeds of people screaming about helmets and high viz including people saying it saved my life as normal, even the usual ambulance drivers saying the same. Seems they don't believe anyone but each unto their own

Top Bottom