Boardman Waterproof Jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Morning all,
On sale at Halfords at £25, £22.50 with BC discount.
Are they any good?
Cheers

Nice jackets. They look pretty cool, if you ride a Boardman. However they are NOT waterproof, by any stretch of the imagination. Mine is good if you want an outer layer to stay warm. However as soon as it rains it seeps straight through and you end up wet.

With cycling jackets I have found you tend to get what you pay for.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
I thought that would be the case to be honest mate and YES I agree totally about the cycling jackets.

Heisenberg71

Scrub my dismissal.
Just checked out the website. Mine is what they now call the "wind proof jacket". They used to sell it as "waterproof". The new one looks a great jacket for the price, with waterproof zips and seams etc. Bargain at £25.

Sorry.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Scrub my dismissal.
Just checked out the website. Mine is what they now call the "wind proof jacket". They used to sell it as "waterproof". The new one looks a great jacket for the price, with waterproof zips and seams etc. Bargain at £25.

Sorry.

Might be tempted then......

Heisenberg71

Hmmmm...

simongt

Guru
Scrub my dismissal.

But, are zips actually guaranteed waterproof - ? Was in a Cotswold Shop a while ago looking for a decent length waterproof jacket. When I commented on the fashion for exposed 'waterproof' zips, I was told they aren't really waterproof.:rain: So where do you put bit & pieces you want at hand but need to be kept dry - ? I asked. Her reply was not to keep anything in zipped pockets that you need to keep dry; oh dear - !:thumbsdown:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Right then, I think I will give this jacket a miss then if they are suggesting the zips will leak!

Heisenberg71

Because it's Christmas I generously screen grabbed it for you.
Offer ends today. I just reserved one to collect tomorrow. £25 I can afford to gamble.

image.png

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

There was an extra 10% off it between 12 and 2 today. Perhaps I should have taken a gamble then as it would only have cost me £20 with the BC discount on top as well

Heisenberg71

My wife picked mine up today. What a cracker of a jacket for the money.
All I need is some rain on tomorrow's commute to test it out.

Very happy.

Top Bottom