body shape change :o)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

photography27

been cycling for to work now for 4 or 5 months, and the change in my body shape is amazing, i'm not a big person, a little thin, but my muscle def has totally transformed, i got muscles in my legs, i got shape in my legs, and my upper body is nice and firm, eating well, eaing the right foods and cycling is awesome!!!

I know exactly what you mean, I've been doing the same and I've suddenly got body shape rather than being skin stretched over bone. I was expecting my legs to show it, my skinny jeans are actually getting tight around my calves now, but I wasn't expecting my upper body to show it too. Not much mind, just enough to show that I have an upper body, probably from the climbing while out of the saddle.

jimboalee

photography27 said:
been cycling for to work now for 4 or 5 months, and the change in my body shape is amazing, i'm not a big person, a little thin, but my muscle def has totally transformed, i got muscles in my legs, i got shape in my legs, and my upper body is nice and firm, eating well, eaing the right foods and cycling is awesome!!!

So how much muscle have you gained?

About 2 1/2 lb ?

Davidc

Guru
You aren't alone in seeing your body change shape. I notice a difference between summer and winter. Like many people I ride less when the days are shorter snd the weaather less pleasant. This year even some of the day-to-day utility riding went because of snow and wet.

Now I'm back doing more pleasure riding my trousers all seem to have shrunk in leg diameter and expanded at the waist and backside.

The strange thing is that there's rarely a big change in total body mass, it seems that what comes off in flab goes straight back on in muscle, mainly on the legs.

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

jimboalee said:
So how much muscle have you gained?

About 2 1/2 lb ?

i wouldnt know how much i have gained, but you can def see the muscle shapes in my legs, like i saidin my original post, i aint got any fat, just very lean, but now its starting to build up and take shape, i wish i had taken a photo before i started and now ;)( not to worry, its great!

Garz

Squat Member
Totally agree.

I started cycling about 18 months ago and more seriously (as in more frequently) since my road bike circa 10 months ago now. I have stripped off around a stone and a half and feel so good aswell as looking good.

I can now go for a jog whether its a 3 or 6 mile effort and complete it no bother if I want a change from cycling which I would have struggled to do in the past. Best thing is it's fun, you meet nice people and the only negative is you get strangely addicted! :rofl:

515mm

It really is marvellous. Myself and two of my pals have between us, lost over 15 stone of fat and gained more than 4 stone of muscle.

General health and fitness greatly improved, fewer days off sick - I haven't had a cold in three years, I'd be guaranteed 4 or 5 a year with one proper rotter every Winter in the years before cycling.

Higher self esteem - it's great when family you haven't seen for ages tell you how healthy you look.

I could go on........

Globalti

Legendary Member
I mountain biked for 21 years and was reasonably fit. Then I took up road riding and my fitness has rocketed; walking up mountains now I hardly get out of breath while my pals sweat and gasp behind. It's really amazing how fit road riding gets you compared with MTBing.

AncientWyvern

I was going to make a post about this too!

My leg muscle has exploded latley, i used to do weight training for strength but that has nothing on cycling imho!

As for my fitness level i cycled 80 miles in a day last week, four months ago i cycled three miles and had to get off my bike and walk!

Just an added bonus to the enjoyment i have of road biking :biggrin: :biggrin:

iLB

Hello there
anyone else got to the point of seeing veins running from the top of your legs up to your stomach?

e-rider

crappy member
I cycle a lot and my body shape is very..........beer belly like. Probably the frequent post ride drinking sessions!

How many pints equal a 2 hour ride in terms of energy consumed/burned? Perhaps if I knew I could make an effort to only break even.

Top Bottom