Bojo's new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Me neither, I also can't grasp how the two pairs of cranks are connected to the mid-mounted cassette.

Two chains couldn't run on one cassette, and does it mean the rider at the front can pedal a different gear?
I guess they've either bodged a hub or fabricated one with a freehub under the cassette and a chainring where normally the rest of the wheel would go.

Ajax Bay

Guru
The #1 (seated) can pedal, or not, because there's the freehub/cassette as the interface, mounted on fabricated 'dropouts' (shame on you for suggesting an artisan frame builder would 'bodge' anything @winjim ), providing whatever power they wish, at their own cadence, into the drivetrain. The #2 (saddled) rides as normal with a bit (or a lot) of bonus power.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
It's something I'd expect to see Bruce Springsteen ride on a tour of the UK. Typically American. Just surprised it doesn't come with a pair of cruise missiles attached to it....

roley poley

Über Member
they only paid $1500 for it ..a third of the minimum price the firm charges and a helmet included in a deal made super quick too...a good loss leader for the publicity the firm is getting for a nice bike ...hope he puts it to good use

Pics have been released of the bike given to Boris Johnson by Joe Biden at the G7 summit.

Joe hasn't gone mad on the budget, about £1,000.

Looks to be a steel roadster/cruiser.

One by gearing with an enormous range rear cassette.

Traditional in other respects, horizontal top tube, and I'm surprised it hasn't got disc brakes.

No bosses by the look of it - apart from two pairs for bottle cages - so Boris will be on here later looking for advice on how to fit mudguards and a carrier.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57453840

I think it's got wireless gears ? It's going to be a bit pricier than it looks.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It would be really ironic if all of it turned out to be made in China! :laugh:
Ah...
The Philadelphia Enquirer said:
One of the challenges of the State Department request was that the bike have as many U.S.-made components as possible.

The rims came from Velocity USA in Michigan. The hubs, cranks, and headset are from White Industries in California. Sram, in Chicago, supplied the derailleurs and gear shift levers. The saddle came from Selle Anatomica, also in California.

Top Bottom