Bojo's new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
I was kind of disappointed to be honest. All my friends were getting interesting results like "I am 20% French, 10% Native American, 30% Underworld Lizard Man, 20% Australian, and 20% Atlantean" , while I am over here with my 51/49 mix.
I was more alluding to slightly over half of us wanting something that fractionally less than half didn't.

Although as the inhabitants of some fairly small islands that have been overrun innumerable times over centuries, it'd be a bit tricky trying to break down bloodlines all that accurately. I do hope I've got a bit of Underworld Lizard Man in me somewhere though.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Is there already a bounty for the first bike thief to boost it?

bladesman73

Über Member
Sour puss nonsense, of course.

The Americans can bash metal as well as anyone when they put their minds to it.

Their skill plus top quality components will have resulted in an excellent bike.
If someone gave me that crap I'd piss myself laughing. Ugly colour and looks horrible. My viewpoint, you dont have to like it.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

Apart from needing mudguards & a pannier rack for Boris's red box that is a genuinely nice bike. It's even got a brooks (or equivalent) saddle. Personally I'd want drop bars and would also add toe clips, but it's a pretty good present for a regular practical cyclist like Boris.

Whatever my opinion of Boris is more generally, fair dinkum !

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
If someone gave me that crap I'd piss myself laughing. Ugly colour and looks horrible. My viewpoint, you dont have to like it.

And all because you don't like Boris.

Is it so hard to separate the gift from who received it?

I wasn't keen on Brezhnev, but I still wanted one of the Zil limos he used to ride around in.

Imagine parking one of those at Sainsbury's.

Well, he's not going to ride it

The evidence suggests otherwise.

He did the 100 mile Ride London a few years ago, and has been spotted riding while PM.

winjim

Smash the cistern

He did the 100 mile Ride London a few years ago, and has been spotted riding while PM.
Oh I know he rides, I mean that specific bike. Aren't there rules and conventions about gifts? It would be nice if it did get used rather than just sitting in storage.

bladesman73

Über Member
And all because you don't like Boris.

Is it so hard to separate the gift from who received it?

I wasn't keen on Brezhnev, but I still wanted one of the Zil limos he used to ride around in.

Imagine parking one of those at Sainsbury's.

[/QUOTE]
Nope. It' s an horrid looking specimen regardless, but I guess worzel will go well with it.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
needs some tassels
PastelsLR_620x.jpg

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I think it's a fabulous looking bike, I'd be absolutely delighted with that. I'm a bit easy-oasy about the flags, I take them or leave them, but I do love the general look of the thing - it's a bit like an old tracker, but built to a high and modern standard with some nice flair.

And props to Joe / his advisors, the best gifts are those where a little bit of genuine thought / research has gone into it. Nice touch.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
As a slight digression, there's an anecdote in Roy Hattersley's (quite entertaining) memoirs where Hattersley, then Foreign Secretary is offered a present of a nice Rolex by a Saudi Prince or whoever it was. The Sir Humphrey Appleby equivalent dutifully informs Hattersley that, sadly, he can't accept the gift, so he graciously declines. Next cabinet meeting he spots Harold Wilson is wearing a shiny new Rolex.

Top Bottom