Bojo's new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Expect when Biden goes back to US, Bojo will sell it and get a roll of wallpaper instead.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I like the look of this absolutely lunatic semi-recumbent tandem.
In addition to the front, rear and rear-front derailleurs, that weird tandem also has a mix of disc & caliper brakes. Loving it; why be conventional?
I assume by 'conventional' you mean: both wheels disc braked or both wheels rim braked.
I think, from an engineering PoV, the designer will have deliberately chosen a disc brake on the small diameter front wheel because its very size would mean that a rim brake would afford significantly less braking effect: a safety critical capability on a tandem (double the load (ish)). No point in having a disc on the back as the load distribution under braking would mean the tyre/road interface would be the limiter way before any need for strong braking (rear wheel) that a disc might offer.
Worth also noting that the bike can be 'broken' and thus folded in half to make transportation easier: note the S&S couplings on the two tubes (down/bottom tube and the #1 seat back support tube).
1623572545248.png

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
Frame looks like something they've had lying out the back for 15 years, with its canti bosses & QR dropouts, sprayed up & with some cheap flag stickers slapped on.

Shame he'll never ride it & chance going under a bus.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Ugly bike, rancid colourway, looks like a cheapo from Cycle King. Rancid, just like Alex de Philanderer.

Sour puss nonsense, of course.

The Americans can bash metal as well as anyone when they put their minds to it.

Their skill plus top quality components will have resulted in an excellent bike.

Top Bottom