Bonj's thoughts on a better technical section

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

Fnaar said:
I've found out a lot of cycling stuff I didn't know on here... true, I spend most of my time on here typing inanities here in the caff bit, but I go to the other bits now and then to learn stuff/ask about best pumps, tyres etc...
Good forum, I reckon. :laugh:

Me too :biggrin:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Gerry Attrick said:
Unfortunately, the only feeling I get here having read all this is that he is barking up the wrong tree. The essence of this forum is diversity around a central theme of cycling. Anyone can post in a forum about cycling and get responses about cycling from cycling people. However, on many occasions, I and many others want to discuss other matters, be they lightweight and humerous or heavyweight and serious. That is why I enjoy Shaun's baby. The thing is, I have that choice.

Bonj's current scheme is not IMHO completely without merit, but it runs the risk of fragmenting what is mostly a united forum in that many "personalised" fora or pages will be set up and those pages would be visited probably only by fans and disciples of those individuals. Inevitably as time went on each personalised forum would evolve into a mini version of what we have now, but each visited by fewer people.

Is that what we really want? It is the all-embracing inclusiveness which is the forum's strength and is what attracts newbies (and sometimes weeds out the undesirables).

Spot on, me thinks.

Bonj's idea already exists in the social groups, he just needs to set up a few relevant groups, make them invite only and he's away.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
trustysteed said:
perhaps you could ask the moderators to volunteer for this task so they could spend more time housekeeping and less time being draconian crazed with power?;)
Do you think the Moderators would REALLY want to do this? Don't you think they've probably got enough to do getting rid of spam and trying to be fair and sensible about various postings that may have got up other peoples' noses? And do you really think they are crazed with power?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think you are right. Otherwise would he not just abandon us, and move on to a subject far more worthy of his attentions. He obviously has a lot of intellectual energy and emotional energy which would be far better employed in the eradication of poverty, the provision of fresh water for all, and the removal of third world debt.

After lunch he could tackle world peace, and HIV.

Danny

Legendary Member
Personally I think CC would be a lot less fun if Bonj wasn't around. So I think the way tor resolve all this is for:

1. Admin to create a "Serious Cyclists" forum with Bonj and Noodley as moderators

2. Bonj and Noodley could also form a "standards sub-committee" which could monitor the whole of CC and report back on a periodic basis on numbers of incorrect posting, badly chosen avatars, etc. The time spent on this and moderating the serious cyclist discussions would keep both of them out of mischief.

3. Bonj should cycle over to Hull and buy Admin a pint (or 5).

Noodley

Danny said:
2. Bonj and Noodley could also form a "standards sub-committee" which....would keep both of them out of mischief.

I've nothing to do with this! ;)

Could people stop associating me with bonj please....:angry::sad:

Top Bottom