Boss workstands at Ribble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Hi all,

Is anyone familiar with these particular workstands? I've seen lots of different ones over the years, but these are new to me, and at the right price (assuming they are as good as they look on a web page).

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/Produ...rodPerPage=999&CatID=43&BCat=1,43&RootCatID=1

I've already got a Park workstand that is about 10 years old and I'm looking to buy a new one, but will probably in all likelihood go for another Park and give the old one to a mate. But I thought these stands should be brought to the attention to you lot in case anyone is in the market for one.

Dave.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I was looking at that one (presumably the second from the top) but wasn't sure whether the top grip rotated to be a bit more flexible about where you could clamp. I plumped for the top one which was very similar to one used on my recent EBC Maintenance course for the demo bike - it allowed the top to turn and grip at any angle which was useful.

jimboalee

In forty years of building and maintaining bicycles, I've never used a workstand. I made one once to fit in my Black and Decker Workmate, but I don't bother using it. Good job I didn't shell out £50 on one.

OP
OP
D

dodgy

I find a workstand invaluable, one of my most treasured bike related tools. Wouldn't be without one.

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
I've got the ridgid version. Solid as a rock to use but it is heavy (BIG steel tubes) and takes a fair amount of room to store.

Top Bottom