Bottle cage ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Right well i’m Waiting for my bike to arrive I am buying a few things to go with it. I’ve got the pump, inner tube etc type stuff. Tool’s im ok with as I have Penty already.

Been looking at bottle cage’s what I am looking for is one that look good , works Well and not too expense but not really cheep or looks out of place on my new bike ideally carbon but open to others.

Happy to pay a bit more if one is worth money.

Ideas please.

Domus

Guru
Elite race. Depending how much of a tart you are they have coloured patches so you can match them to your bike. Like I
New Bike.jpg
have

Planet x have a couple I like the look of, and they're good price wise(don't know if price matters to you)

As a note - I like to ride without trouser clips (commuting) and even with poking my right sock into socks I find sometimes left leg (right if I'm late and forget to poke in) getscaught on top of cage.. It's really annoying and can happen with and without a bottle in... I've used cheap no brand ones that did it, and also the elite custom ones do it.. Those vel ones look like they wouldn't as the edges all point downwards etc..

Edit - the elites do look nice and (as a bike tart) mine match colour wise..

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Blimey, how long have you got? :laugh:

I've got these on the Giant (in "stealth black", naturally) - carbon fibre, look good, do the job and no rattles can be found for under £20 if you shop around
http://road.cc/content/review/217911-elite-vico-carbon-bottle-cage
(despite what the review says, I use 800ml SIS bottles and they fit no problem)

Edit to add picture:
IMG_20180519_171243298_optimized.jpg

But you really can't go wrong with Elite Race's, like @tom73 says.

Unless you need everything branded and co-ordinated to match the bike? ^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Blimey, how long have you got? :laugh:

I've got these on the Giant (in "stealth black", naturally) - carbon fibre, look good, do the job and no rattles can be found for under £20 if you shop around
http://road.cc/content/review/217911-elite-vico-carbon-bottle-cage
(despite what the review says, I use 800ml SIS bottles and they fit no problem)

But you really can't go wrong with Elite Race's, like @tom73 says.

Unless you need everything branded and co-ordinated to match the bike? ^_^

:okay:

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Planet x have a couple I like the look of, and they're good price wise(don't know if price matters to you)

As a note - I like to ride without trouser clips (commuting) and even with poking my right sock into socks I find sometimes left leg (right if I'm late and forget to poke in) getscaught on top of cage.. It's really annoying and can happen with and without a bottle in... I've used cheap no brand ones that did it, and also the elite custom ones do it.. Those vel ones look like they wouldn't as the edges all point downwards etc..

Edit - the elites do look nice and (as a bike tart) mine match colour wise..

I had the same issue with trouser legs getting caught sometimes. I now use Elite Cannibal cages on all my bikes - the edges that catch point downward. I got the stealth black ones - they have a kind of soft matt finish to them which seems to mark the bottles a lot less too!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/elite-canni...40302&ptaid=aud-131236049102:pla-304066957368

vickster

Legendary Member
Sadly not but thanks for the link
What colour do you want?

Elite race as good as they come I'd say, £8-10 each. Then you need to find matching bottles. They are easy to lose, so probably best not to spend hundreds

Top Bottom