Bottle Cages (and inner tubes)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boopop

Guru
Dear CycleChat Hivemind.

I'm getting a very nice (and expensive! :ohmy:) Orbea bicycle in the new year. My sister's just asked me what I want for xmas, so of course I thought she could help kit out the new steed! What suggestions do you have for bottle cages for it? Tempted to get green to match the frame but I suspect they'd get dirty and fade over time, so perhaps I'll just go with black. Hmm. I tend to like Elite Cannibal cages for that.

Also, it'll have Vision 40mm deep section wheels, what's the minimum valve length I'll require for inner tubes? Here's the bike...I can't wait! It's an Orca M21 eTeam.
1603636334695.png

Thanks, Tom.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
That’s a fine looking machine!
I’d probably go matte black for cages.

13 rider

Guru
Inner tube will need a valve over 40mm obviously ,50mm would do but 60mm will give you more value to make getting pump on off easier .
Bottle cages black with a flash of green for me

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Inner tube will need a valve over 40mm obviously ,50mm would do but 60mm will give you more value to make getting pump on off easier .
Bottle cages black with a flash of green for me

He needs uch longer. I use 48mm on standard rims that are about 25mm deep. I'd say nearer 70mm (you need a fair bit to get good purchase with the track pump (or indeed a hand pump in case of puncture).

OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
I found these Primo cages earlier today which I thought looks pretty good...well the colours are good at least anyway.
1603643012126.png

Do wiggle actually have any 80mm 28c inner tubes? I can't find any on their site :huh:

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'd go black on the cages too.

OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
Oh I've already got all the other bits and pieces thanks. Anyone know what the deal is with 28c 80mm valve inner tubes? I can't seem to find many.

OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
Hmm I thought I'd edited that post. Oh well. Anyway I did some googling and it turns out you can use 18-25c tubes with 28c tyres, so I'll do that. £6 seems a bit much for an inner tube to me! Thanks though. Would rather avoid valve extenders. Now just got to decide on which bottle cage. Think I'm going to go with this cage, just gotta decide on the colour!

P.S. - Does buying these little bits for my new bike make 2021 come around any quicker? :laugh:

Top Bottom