Bottle Cages that Don't Scratch the Bottle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I have a cheapo Zefal fitted at the moment, bought largely because it was the only way to get a bolt the correct size to re-attach my mudguard from the cycle shop in the part of France I happened to be in at the time.

It holds the bottles ok, but doesn't half make a mess of them (my Foska Ddraig Goch in particular is suffering). Anyone have any recommendations for a cage that doesn't damage the logos on bottles? I'm thinking of something like the Bontrager Racelite (low end of the budget), or Elite Patao (probably top end of the budget - £12 for a bottle cage?!?!?!?)...

sheddy

Legendary Member
Plastic bottle ? (Anything half decent will get nicked eventually)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Use ceap of free bottles like i do:biggrin:
Have you throught about trying to smooth off some of the courners on your existing bottle cage, to stop it scratching the bottle?
Other then that, i have one of those cheap wire ones on my folder, and that didnt scratch the bottle IIRC.

chrisuren

I use a Simple bike cage...

415AXCE5E8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Cost me £7 so ideal, it doesn't scratch the bottles, I use a pure black

4410niswboblas.jpg

But in Black

That my mum got for me. It's ideal.

Plax

Guru
I've got some kind of Bontrager bottle holder on my Galaxy, and it has done a good job of scratching both my aluminium bottles. I was thinking of going plastic as I find my bottle is rattling and it has started to get on my nerves, but can't find one that a) doesn't look tacky and out of place on my bike and ;) has a cover over the drinking part to stop it getting road dirt all over it.

Top Bottom